Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy just bought a fully built Evo 8. Dealership told him it had 450whp... lol.
The Evo was definitely not set up to go in a straight line. Toyo Proxes 275 wide, big cusco strut braces, under braces, Brakeman BBK, short gears, etc...

After bugging me for a few days i finally decide to just race so he can shut up. He agrees to do a 20 roll and best of 3 short runs. After the third honk all all 3 races, i jumped out a car length and he stayed on my bumper. Evo = Fail.

Now, if we where to go do some autoX... my poor WRX would get spanked :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awww not gonna lie im a fan of evo's
me too, lol.

i almost bought an Evo 9 MR about a week before i got my WRX. The current owner of the Evo i raced is actually considering selling the car now and said i have first dibs on it if he does decide to part with it. All i would have to do is take over payments :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
awww not gonna lie im a fan of evo's
me too, lol.

i almost bought an Evo 9 MR about a week before i got my WRX. The current owner of the Evo i raced is actually considering selling the car now and said i have first dibs on it if he does decide to part with it. All i would have to do is take over payments :)
Just be careful with used "Mitsubishi"s

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know that the EVO is in a class of their own when it comes to mitsu's but other then that i couldnt see myself in a mitsu ever. The build of a mitsu is not impressive when it comes to jappanese quality IMO.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I know that the EVO is in a class of their own when it comes to mitsu's but other then that i couldnt see myself in a mitsu ever. The build of a mitsu is not impressive when it comes to jappanese quality IMO.
I have a '95 Galant. I will never say a bad word about it. 160kmiles and nothing, never went wrong. :) :)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
So you gonna part the WRX if you take the Evo?

·
Registered
972 Posts
^^^
your really lucky, ive talked to several lancer owners, all of them curse it every direction.
I feel you. Everyone I talk to that had my gen. Galant says the tranny was out by 100k miles. I'm still on my first one and when it goes, I'm not fixing in, not worth it. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts