Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard it won't allow to fit the WRX(perrin 22mm) sway bars? they have a different design ?

if so, i have to stick with front 19mm? =(

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i heard it won't allow to fit the WRX(perrin 22mm) sway bars? they have a different design ?

if so, i have to stick with front 19mm? =(
Different bar for NA Imprezas for the front unfortunately. Give Rallitek a buzz.

good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep, apparently the front wagon bar is wider than the sedan, i'm also trying to find a one...
There's light at the end of the tunnel, an email from Rallitek indicated that there would be a front bar for the wagon in 1-2 months :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Yep, apparently the front wagon bar is wider than the sedan, i'm also trying to find a one...
There's light at the end of the tunnel, an email from Rallitek indicated that there would be a front bar for the wagon in 1-2 months :)
That's weird, why is it longer? The front bars for the WRX wagons and sedans are interchangeable. Maybe that's something that a length adustable endlink could account for?

·
Registered
47 Posts
No idea ??? It wouldn't be so bad if the front bars for the turbo cars were interchangeable with the N/A cars, but the headers are different, i've read of one guy having problems with his turbo-specific bar actually knocking against the header on his N/A car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think RalliShark did some minor mods to make the turbo front bar fit his 2.5i
I think he has a perrin front bar

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think RalliShark did some minor mods to make the turbo front bar fit his 2.5i
I think he has a perrin front bar
Yep, i have the WRX hatch bar (22mm perrin) in the front of my 2.5i.

Without modification it was resting on the 2nd exhaust section (the cat section) right behind where the cat section bolts to the header.

To fix it, I removed the cat section. Made a mark on the pipe where the bar was hitting and got a shop to crush (i say crush in the most gentle of ways) the pipe down into an oval shape instead of a perfect circle. Voila, clearance, and that's all it took. The endlinks line up using the spacers that perrin provides with their front endlinks and i've had no problems with them getting lose or squeeking or anything.

So yes, you have to make a slight mod, but you can't even tell if done correctly when you are underneath the car and looking at the pipe section.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i have the cobb tuning one

i had to take the head sheild off the exhaust and do what rallyshark said to do

i think i may have to oval it out a little more but it just barely sits on it
Yeah, I did the oval because occasionally it would sit on the cat section and the whole car would vibrate through the sway bar. It sounded kinda cool but was really loud and annoying after a while.
You could actually hear the exhaust note through the vibration of the bar...wacky!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts