Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my car was with others 08 for the first time this week-end, we were 6 (4 wrx, 1 2.5i 1 STi)
when i tried to unlock my car and the STi guy next to me at the same time.. nothing happened !!
when we were pressing together at the same time the car remote wasnt working
i found it pretty funny, but annoying

·
Registered
752 Posts
that's funny.

i went to a Subaru dealership one night and was walking down the rows of cars hitting unlock on my remote... nothing happened. lol.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The interference caused by both remote frequency is why it didn't work.
This is normal, try it at home with your TV and stereo remotes. If they use the same technology and you try and use two remotes at the same time you will get nothing or unexpected results. Think back to high school science class when you have two waves colliding you get a different wave pattern. The same thing will happen with the remotes signal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Apparently for some manufactures you can use your remote via a cell phone.
Any one ever try that on there Subaru or any other manufacture?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Anyone know if we can push a certain combo or hold certain buttons to get it to unlock and roll all the windows down? My brother in laws Acura and a buddys' Speed6 has it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
HAHAHA you know what is funny.....I thought I was going crazy.....my brother also has an 08 and lives with my wife and I. One morning him and I were both leaving and neither one of our cars would unlock....hahaha so i am glad that I am not going crazy!

·
Registered
64 Posts
It happens to me all the time, we have 3 Subies, and our 04 FXT remote will do the same thing if my husband and I both try to unlock our cars at the same time . Sometimes at our weekly/monthly meets we have to take turns unlocking our cars otherwise it gets really annoying having to press the button 5 times b.c everyone else is too lol.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone know if we can push a certain combo or hold certain buttons to get it to unlock and roll all the windows down? My brother in laws Acura and a buddys' Speed6 has it.
no it need a module, i installed a window rollup DEI module on my other car cause i was alway forgeting to close down my sunroof

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I thought my Ford remote sucked till I bought my car. Subaru has a longer range than the Ford but only works 50% of the time. Kind of a tossup on which is worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts