Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Does anyone have the STi 5 m/t shifter - and if so did anyone upgrade the bushings ? I got the short throw on mine from the factory(option) and been reading that upgrading the bushing is pretty dramatic.

2. I am looking to install an aftermarket BOV and obviously don't want to throw CELs or stall out - so I am hearing stick with RECIRCs..I know the stock is RECIRC, but do any of the recircs omit that typical 100% vent to atmosphere sound or are they all quiet due to no air escape?

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you really want to hear the BOV when it is recirculated, get a CAI. You won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OGB thanks for the reply...I know with any turbo, installign a CAI helps amplify the sound. I am not really looking for sound, but I am not adverse to it. Also I am assuming you are for the recirc and not 100% to atmos or 50/50??

Do you know anyone running a 100% or 50/50 without any remaps and without any problems, stalling, cels, etc

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You can run into too many problem venting to air. The issue comes with the sensor already calculating for the air in the system, when you have a vent to air you lose that air and then the computer doesn't adjust for that. So, you have a rich situation for the motor and you can have detonation in the exhaust system, the popping sound. And you will have issues with idle and stalling with the Vent to air, even the 50/50.

I would recommend getting a CAI and then recirculating it and then you will hear it dumping back into the system.

As for the bushings. Get them. It is a world of a difference. I am very happy that I went with them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think a 50/50 might be ok. You shouldn't throw any CELs and it should sound nice.
if you go with a full recirc, you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

right now i am 100% vent only because i cant get the recirc hose back on the BOV and need a new one. Sometimes the RPMs will drop a little low after revving.
i also discovered my BOV is an old POS. i plan on getting the HKS SSQV and recirculating it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.....the bushing shouldn't be too hard to install? anything special I need to know about? This bushing I talk about is the one UNDERneath the car at the linkage.( not sure if there is another if you remove the shift housing inside the car)

???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can't leave me in suspense.....be careful with it....please elaborate. Should be fairly easy to do if you get the car on jack stands right?

Do you need any special tools?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Well, it might be a little difficult to get to. There is the trans mount kinda in the way. You must be careful if you remove the trans mount, cause you could drop the trans, and if you don't do the bolts in the center right when you put it back on you can strip out the studs. But, try and do it without pulling the trans mount off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it's seems too difficult to most..then it's just right for me :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts