Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i havent spend much on mods recently, i got my SPT catback not so long ago, but i paid for it back in march
This + the coming of the 09 make me want to spend

There is many thing i want to get and i cant decided what i should get in my budget:

--------------------------

STi Pedal Pad Set: 126.85$
+
GrillCraft Lower Grille Proctection: 125$

---------------------------

STi Rear Spoiler: 267.86

----------------------------

STi Short Shift assembly: 233.95$

Perrin Downpipe Rear Section : 295$

Perrin Up Pipe: 179$

·
Registered
629 Posts
Do the Spoiler for now!! Thats what I'm going with...it makes the car look that much better!!! ;D

Pedal set wouldn't be bad either.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pedal set will be along with the lower grille, im saving shipping by ordering together

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good point! None of those items would be bad to get.....If you do get the spoiler then it has to be painted so that's atleast another $100.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have to respray the rear passanger door because of a big ding/scratch... so i can have the wing to be spray at the same time

·
Registered
629 Posts
Oh yeah...I forgot about that. Guess it all depends on when you wanna fix the car. I should have my spoiler this week, hopefully tomorrow so I can drop it off for paint. I also got the Cusco front Strut bar but HPT said they were out, soooooo they're gonna ship it direct from Cusco. Gonna take a little longer. :(

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I probably wouldn't mess with the up-pipe/down-pipe till I had more money to play with, and I'd get an accessport first.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
From that list I'd have to say get the spoiler. Adds at least 50 whp

·
Registered
38 Posts
and 150 wtq!!!
seriously though, i'd do the wing or the shifter.
that's me though.
I'm getting a premium pack bumper put on this week since some chick hit me and the difference in cost is only like $150.
I'll post it when it's done.
I just jacked thi thread, huh?
sorry. GET THE WING!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seem like the wing is on the way, i ordered it today !

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good choice! Where did you order your wing from? I ordered mine from SGP yesterday, but got a confirmation email today saying that it is 1-3 week backorder.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i ordered today from them also
but my canadian paypal accound will take 8 days to clear so i need to wait already
Plus my local canadian dealers wanted 750$ for it, but painted... ive waited 13 weeks to have my SPT catback shipped, so 2-3 week is a cupcake

·
Registered
120 Posts
Question about the STI pedals. If you guys do the replacement pedals, are you going to swap out the dead pedal? I can't find a dead pedal cover anywhere, that is the only reason I haven't done it yet.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good choice! Where did you order your wing from? I ordered mine from SGP yesterday, but got a confirmation email today saying that it is 1-3 week backorder.
I ordered mine on the 24 of July and it was shipped this passed Wed 8/6, they said it was out of stock and had to ordered from Subaru. Should be at the house on Tues. which means I could have it on the car by the weekend. ;D ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
You should buy a catless Megan downpipe. They are about $210 over @ Statracing... Go for more power rather than something useless like a spoiler or bov.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
You should buy a catless Megan downpipe. They are about 0 over @ Statracing... Go for more power rather than something useless like a spoiler or bov.
For this unit, he would at the very least have to get an Accessport which since the unit is catless might still spike. Not a safe mod until he goes and gets the tune for it. ;)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i just bought for 0...

1. gt spec type d front strut brace
2. whiteline rear swaybar mount support
3. whiteline steering rack bushings

i say.. more handling / performance mods and less pretty stuff. ;)
^^^+1 What have you done to the vehicle as of now? Swaybars were always #1 for me as best bang for the buck. I got both front and rear solid for $260

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You should buy a catless Megan downpipe. They are about 0 over @ Statracing... Go for more power rather than something useless like a spoiler or bov.
first i dunno if you read the topic but i bought the wing a month ago...
second i never talked about a getting BOV
third a rear spoiler is not useless
fourth i wont go catless because i dont want to get fined and have to change it back to stock after being pulled over...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Swaybars are where you are gonna get the biggest bang for your buck. I like the Perrin stuff myself. The endlinks are double sheared which should be bombproof. Whiteline also has some nice endlinks. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have tons of money to throw at my car. Family and mortgage and bills take priority. I drive my sedan hard into turns and the car plows (severe understeer) the best way to correct this is with either some negative camber like -1.5-2, an expensive set of new wheels and tires, or a bigger rear sway bar. Eventually I plan on getting everything, But I would reccomend going to a 22mm rear bar and a 19 or 22mm bar in front. The nice thing about the perrin setup is that they are adjustable. I'm sure that a set of sticky tires would help out alot. The OEM tires are crap for spirited driving.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts