·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to do the following mods on my 2.5i Sedan:

Stainless Steel Brake Lines w/ Motul DoT4
05 WRX Hawk HPS Brake Pads
F/R Ralitek Swaybar Kit (22/19)

Anyone have recommendations on the type of stainless steel brake line I should use? I notice there isn't much support for the 2.5i, but is there a substitute year I can use for the lines? (i.e. 06/07 2.5i)

In addition, has anyone had any problems using the 05 WRX brake pads on the 08 2.5i calipers ?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Might be an honest mistake. (This question could be what should I do first to this vehicle if I plan on entering it into stock engine class competition?) If there is a moderator present please move.

I would also say, bump up the engine responsiveness with a lightened flywheel and intake. From here go run again and see what comes up next.
I contributed to a bit of power since you already mentioned one aspect of braking and another one of suspension.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Seems to me that a question about brakes belongs in a forum about suspension and "BRAKES" leave the post where it is!
This post was moved from an autocross section to here.
This is where it will now remain :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Back to the original question ;) what would you recommend for brake lines cause im also interested.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
There are several kits out there. I have always had great results with Earls, and a set of racing brake pads, Hawk, Axxis, etc.. + some cross drilled, slotted rotors. This basic setup made the blue racing brake fluid boil before, and at this point, nothing's gonna help you out short of finding a way to dissipate heat better, like a larger rotor or upgrading the whole braking system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts