Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Wrx stock headunit, brand new, swapped mine out for a pioneer headunit the day i got the car. 50$ obo. Car is for sale so the parts are un necessary now!

·
Registered
169 Posts
This doesn't happen to be the in-dash GPS unit does it?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
This doesn't happen to be the in-dash GPS unit does it?
did you happen to see the price? my guess is that it is the single disc CD player. If the WRX is anything like other cars with build in nav's, it is probably a lot more complicated than just swapping headunits to get the OEM nav to work in another car, though that may not be the case. My guess is that you would need a good amount of extra equipment (wire harnesses, GPS antenna, etc) and have to do some wire splicing in order to get it to work in a car that didn't come with it. Save yourself the trouble and just get a GPS capable headunit. I got a Avic D3 and I love it, though there are a lot of other units with much better nav, and the new Avic is pretty awesome too. Plus, you get MANY more features for the money by going aftermarket. My d3 looks stock. The dealership I got it from asked if it came with the car when I had to go back for some warranty work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts