Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here goes. I bought this 5-door almost a year ago, and found CTSubie (from which HPT Motorsports lead me here today) and that's where the modification bug bit me. Here is a shortened history. Please, feel free to ask questions. A mod, current and future, list will be provided at the bottom of this post.

The day I took delivery of her, 64 miles on the clock.

The car stayed largely unmodified I bought myself some big 18 inch rims, with way too wide rubber on them. And then, a week later at CTSubie's big summer meet, when I purchased a GTSpec front strut tower brace and Cobb lowering springs.

Now, things stopped again for a bit, with only the addition of some mud flaps, and I've just begun again with new rims, new exhaust (WRX stocker, cost me $40) and new license plates.

And that is how my car stands now.

Current mods:
XM Sportscaster
TomTom One XL with traffic
Momo WRX shift knob
Cobb dual-adjustable short shifter
GTSpec front strut tower brace
GTSpec rear strut tower brace (backordered)
Cobb lowering springs
RallyArmor mud flaps
WRX cat-back exhaust
Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear sway bar (installing 2/28)
RalliTEK endlinks
OZ Superleggera 17x7
Dunlop Z1 Star Specs, 225/45/17 (ordering soon)
Subaru sport grille
Protune (on 2/25)

Future mods:
Color matched STi rear spoiler
Color matched rear badge "bar"
Rear disc brakes
2.5L WRX drivetrain swap with NBP scooped hood
CT legal tints
Tein SS-P coilovers

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Looking good! What did you do with the old wheels? What width were they?

As it is, I'd take either wheel you have.

Only ? is the stickers...what are they? Not sure that I -don't- like them, I just don't know what they are from...

joneSi

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I traded my 18's for my current 17's, straight up. The 18's were Axis Reverb 18x7.5, with Toyo Proxies 18/245/40. About 10mm too wide for my car, and they rubbed after the drop, hence the trade.

Which stickers don't you get? Mirrors have Subaru Rally Pigs, both rear door glass have CTSubie.com and JNA Performance stickers on them

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Oh, sweet! Subaru Rally Pigs..<FTW>!!!!!!!

I thought I had seen them -somewhere- before.

joneSi

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, those are my rally pigs, technically my first modification to the car. Anybody else with any more comments?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, I did not. My new signature and profile picture should help explain, though. I just added them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
THE STIG!!!!!!!! ;D

car looks great! looks like you have some good plans for her!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. The STi rear spoiler and Sport Grille are really the only two cosmetic modifications I have to the car with no function other than cosmetics. I didn't include adding front and rear fog lights to my car, but that, for me, is a safety modification.

Everything else is to hopefully make me faster at the autocross course. As it stands, the car is fairly quick; I ran one-tenth slower than a Mazdaspeed 3 on stickier tires than I'll probably EVER run at one event, but as I push the car more and more, the understeer is starting to cost me LOTS of precious time, so that's what the rear sway bar and rear strut tower brace are for. I'll need to see a bit more about this new SPT under-chassis brace before I decide to put that on my list of future modifications. Eventually, I'll be stepping my current tires (on the OZs) up from 205s to 225s, but not until I need to replace these tires. Wider tires by 20mm should help with grip. I think I could actually fit up to 235s under my wheel wells without rubbing, but that would bump me from STS class to STX class, where all the turbo'd boys run. I'm very happy running in the non-turbo class, haha.

Here as some pictures of my car running, before I got rims and tires that weren't too big/rubbed. Yes, that's my blue helmet with a blue mirrored visor. Yes, I always run visor-down because I have sensitive eyes and find it more comfortable to run with a visor than to wedge sunglasses between my temples and the helmet foam.

Props to Stan, the FCSCC Autocross photographer for the first five pictures.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New grille!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your car keeps getting better and better. It was cool to see pictures of the progress. I think the grille made a huge difference! A color matched hatch trim piece would definitely top it off nicely. Keep up the good work man.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A color matched trim piece is in the works. I'm going to get it down when I get my door dent and bumper fixed, I'm 90% sure. Thanks for all the compliments. I try to keep this car as classy looking as possible.

Even if I do joke around a little bit when it comes to my pictures, haha.

·
Registered
54 Posts
are you planning on changing the drums to disc, I was going to do it but I heard that it will cost close to $500 for the parts.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
hurray feels great to see an other enthusiast N/A owner, car looks great men ;D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts