Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added the 2008 sti shock sensor upgrade. I think it does not work. I shake the vehicle when alarm is armed and nothing happens. I even took the module held it in my hand armed the car. then shook the module. The alarm did not go off. I have been back to the dealer 3 times for it each time telling me it is fixed.
My 2004 WRX highly modified had the shock sensor upgrade also and if you sneezed at it (exageration) the alrm would go off.
Anybody out there have this issue or know any answers?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The dealer must not have saved the change when they activated the unit. Go back and make them prove to you that it's working. It should only take a slight bump with the butt of your hand against the roof line above a door to make it chirp and a second bump or good jar to make the full alarm go off.

It took them three times to get mine right, but I stayed there till they got it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense I am going back Friday to try again. The recall was done the last time there. I thought the computer flash to take of the lean issue may have set the unit back to factory and wiped out the alarm addition

1 - 3 of 3 Posts