Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally, today I dyno'ed the WRX. It is 100% stock, it was about 40ish degrees out, and I don't know about barametric pressure. First pull was 179hp and 216 ft/lbs torque with a max boost of 12.5psi. Second pull it ran 181hp and 220 ft/lbs torque with a max boost psi of 12.8. Not too bad I'd say, although I've never dyno'ed a car before. I learned alot though, there were a ton of other cars there, alot of GTP's, few Cobalts, one other WRX, GTO's, T/A's, SHO Tauruses, etc. Besides being a cold and rainy day, it was fun. The only problem is now after seeing how close to 200hp I am, I want to break 200 whp! Gives me a new goal for this year ;D Attached is the Dyno sheet, which may be hard to read, sorry ahead of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
WOW very nice! I wish i could dyno my car. It is just so expensive around here! Did you order the spt exhaust. I bet accessport and cat back will put you close to your goal.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it was pretty sweet. $50 and I got to do 2 pulls + boost reading. I ordered the SPT exhaust and have the AVO intake coming tomorow. Other than that I'm not too sure what else I wanna do...I gotta stop spending money on motor mods and get some suspension upgrades. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey, i was wondeing if there is any other factors that could have changed the dyno readings from one dyno to another? the reason i ask this, is because perrin dynoed their wrx stock, and got 210 ho and 240tq, and i also watched a DYNOFLASH video and youtube and they got the same numbers

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on the type of dyno used. My car was run on a Mustang dyno which supposidly gives you more of "real world" readings. There is dynojet and one other one that I can't think of...just depends on the type of dyno!

·
Registered
137 Posts
What month was your WRX built. From what i have seen sedans and newer model 5 doors (prod date after 1/08) dont seem to make as much power as first prod date 5 doors.
My 5 door was built in Aug and it dyno numbers with the perrin stage 1 rev1 map 220 hp 280tg on a mustang dyno. Its just a theory but something i have noticed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it was built in September. I know it was before January. And you are running Stage 1...I'm running stage stock! ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it was built in September. I know it was before January. And you are running Stage 1...I'm running stage stock! ;)
Well if a stage 1 is worth 40 hp and 60 pounds of torque then I would junk stage stock ;)
I would if it was worth it to me. I am really happy w/stock numbers and power delivery. I just got an intake and exhaust to free up breathing in and out a little, and mostly for sound.(at least it won't sound like a ricer w/the SPT exhaust). I really love this WRX stock, my next step is some suspension mods over summer.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I would if it was worth it to me. I am really happy w/stock numbers and power delivery. I just got an intake and exhaust to free up breathing in and out a little, and mostly for sound.(at least it won't sound like a ricer w/the SPT exhaust). I really love this WRX stock, my next step is some suspension mods over summer.
How much is the SPT exhaust going for?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cool! I haven't been on the SPT site in a while was getting tired of seeing same ole same ole.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You should be able to get the SPT exhaust for around $300. I got mine for $333 OTD(not getting it installed at dealer). I have seen it for sale for $295 on some sites.

·
Registered
137 Posts
So you will invest in an intake and a cat back but dont think its worth tuning you car to actually work correctly with your add ons. The first thing you should do besides making it actually making it handle is to at least get it tuned. the stock tune is set so lean that by installing an intake your just going to make matters worse, I bet you will lose HP and Tq with your mods. I do commend you on wanting to get the suspension done right away.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, actually my current job/school situation is putting everything on the car on hold...so....no more goodies for a while :'(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, actually my current job/school situation is putting everything on the car on hold...so....no more goodies for a while :'(
Sorry to hear that but I know the feeling. Even though I have a broken wrist and aflac is paying me some nice $ i figured the wrx has enough stuff. My KTM needs a little TLC for next season.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts