Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to start one since Ive been ordering parts for my 08 wrx sedan....
Since 2006 my co-workers and roommates have owned subies so naturally I wanted one. So last year I needed to upgrade my island cruiser (01 jetta) to a subie. I really wanted a hatchback but was pretty much impossible to find in my area and with my time I had to look for a upgraded vehichle. So I found a 08 wrb wrx sedan with only 28k miles on it. This is a dd with long road trips once a month. Looking to become more aggressive as an 08.
And so begins my build while in Afghanistan..This will be a 7-8 month build based on my budget.
*update* Only thing that is a priority at this point is major maintenance. Power steering rack & pinion, alignment, etc*

Exterior
2011 STI Wing
2009 WRX Carbon Fiber grille
Front Lip
Side skirts
Rear spats
Hella SuperTones
Plasti-dip rear diffuser
Plasti-dip window chrome

SUSPENSION
Feals 441 (bought off Monkiboy)
KB SS Bushings Rear&Front
Whiteline Anti-lift Kit
Perin Rear Endlinks
Cusco Front Endlinks
Kartboy Short Shifter
Whiteline Rear Lower Control Arms
Whiteline Camber Adjust Bolts

*Future*
Nothing until maintenance is completed

EXHAUST
Invidia Catless/divorced from Forman
Invidia Q300 cbe from Forman
Grimmspeed Heatshield
*Killer B EL Headers*

ENGINE
Cobb AP with Stage2 maps by Torqued Performance
CAI AEM
Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid 3-Port
AEM Digital Boost Guage(currently broken led) & AEM Hugo Wideband Air/Fuel Guage
PTP Turboblanket
*Mishimoto Radiator*
* ID1200's*
*DW 300c Fuel Pump*
*Crawford AOS*
*Forge Motorsports Recirc BOV*
*GS Pulley*
*Garret GTX3071R* (needs updated)
*Tial 44mm*

*future mods* depending on what else is needed for turbo upgrade

TRANSMISSION
Group N STI Transmission Mount
Group N Transmission Bushings
*Whiteline Rear Diff kit inserts*
*STI 6 Speed Swap*

TYRES&RIMS
Rota G force 18x9 +35 (Replaced, complete garbage. brittle as glass. Replaced with Method Rally Wheels
Method Rally Wheels 503's. 18x9 +42

Tire Brand
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 *Potenza RE71R* (They have been discontiuned) Replaced with similar style.
Size (255 35 18

Ill post pix of install and before and after when I get them available along with write ups on the whole project.

*before* image.jpg
*after* 577458_518251211565376_1369167292_n.jpg

Current IMG_20180414_172433.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2011 STI wing waiting to be painted and installed after all the other outside pieces arrive.
image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my 09 carbon fiber grill in yesterday, crappy ipad2 pics but now i have to find some badges for it. photo.JPG photo (1).JPG

·
Registered
93 Posts
WRB 08 Deployment Build

That grill is sweet. That's going to look great on the car. Where did you find it?

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That grill is sweet. That's going to look great on the car. Where did you find it?
Found a subie parts dealer on Ebay that had 5 of them left. Had great quality reviews plus I couldn't find a 09 I wanted.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's about time! lol
:laugh: haha what can I say, had a lot of inspiration like yourself and other 08 wrx owners on here!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an update. Finally ordered my Invidia catless dp and q300 cbe from Forman yesterday, very happy with their prices and knowledge. Will post pix when it arrives. Also my Feals from Monkiboy are in the mail as well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just an update. Finally ordered my Invidia catless dp and q300 cbe from Forman yesterday, very happy with their prices and knowledge. Will post pix when it arrives. Also my Feals from Monkiboy are in the mail as well.
Thanks! The Invidia DP is a great piece, but catless!? Shame on you! :shocked: I just received my rear DBA rotors for my Brembos today! :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't going to go catless but I for the price and the guys at Forman advice it seemed like a better choice. Looking forward to your write up on the Brembos!

·
Registered
301 Posts
All nice parts!Good Luck with the build.That wing is going to look Awesome!I'm thinking about a wing also,along with a new trunk.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All nice parts!Good Luck with the build.That wing is going to look Awesome!I'm thinking about a wing also,along with a new trunk.
:azn: Thanks!! I'm excited to see how it turns out after its painted. Most likely going to install it last as a final touch, so more to follow!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Take some good pic's of your car before all the mods and post them already!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Take some good pic's of your car before all the mods and post them already!
I only have one pic before anything added, probably do it to tonight.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Just found out that subarugenuineparts does not sell the WRB underlip spoiler anymore even though its still offered on their website. So now I have to paint the obsidian black to WRB. Ugh whatever as long as it gets done.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's a bummer! Well, just have it painted with the skirt kit

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya waiting till I get all the pieces and paint and install all at once.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPADATE
Wing is currently getting painted and installed. There were actually 14 screws and holes from the original spoiler. Not sure where I read that some of you only had two but that doesnt sound secure. The chrome piece on the trunk is getting painted as well since most of the trunk needs filled and painted anyway.

Front Lip before paint:
photo (6).JPG
photo (2).JPG

Feals:
photo (5).JPG

Invidia Catless DP and Q300:
photo (3).JPG
photo (4).JPG

Will install the turboback after the cai and accessport comes in with the maps. Debating on installing the Feals then the rest of the bushings or all at once.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts