·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #121

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
The plasti-dipped trim came out great. Did you have to prep the chrome strips at all? Car is coming along sweet!!
I was going to do a little wet-sand on them but I held off because I wanted to see how this plasti-dip was going to hold up. So I basically cleaned the chrome real well, dried then applied about 4 coats on both sides. Getting by the side mirrors was the toughest part but all in all Im happy with the outcome. $3.49 at Lowes haha!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #123

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #124

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Ya it was small car show we all drove to, we pretty much owned the lot, there was about 20 subies all together.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Plasti-Dip project #2 the rear diffuser

1094962_562763327114164_1264193694_n (1).jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
So had to fudge some numbers with my suspension, because Hawaii is strict about that here. But now the front feels floaty and I have body roll all over again and its eating into my $353 a piece tires.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
So after months of abuse on shit roads in hawaii and traveling from the west coast to central US I finally cracked one of my rims. (Potholes) cracked_rim.jpeg

Next project- Replaced Rim and installing either or Push or Pull Diverter valve. diverter.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Well installing the diverter valve is a bitch...

Besides the synapse company being completely unhelpful about anything I had to research my self. So here is the issue with their products:

1. The stock valve is a oval shape. photo.JPG while their flange is circular.
2. They suggested buying another flange, well I did and its the exact same one that they suggested. Another $29 for a part that doesnt work.
3. The only fix is to use atv gasket maker to seal the gaps....this may or may not work.

Conclusion: Don't trust the description or photos of synapse engineering to actually fix any subaru.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Decided against using Synapse Diverter Valve due to the fact I'm not comfortable making a valve fit w silicone. I will not use or buy their products anymore until they do some more R&D and hire some better customer service.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
image.jpg just changing out some subtle things.
image.jpg

Next I have no idea of why the cabin filter was never changed out.
image.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now I want to trade my WRB 08 Hatch for a sedan... looks amazing!!!!!!!!
In my future project are some fender flares... yours 18x9'' looks a good idea...
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Update: forgot to add I changed out my front blinkers and rear backup lights to LED Photons. Way better brightness.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
i need to change my filter too. it looks like that every time i do change it tho haha

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
i need to change my filter too. it looks like that every time i do change it tho haha
If I had known it was that bad I would have done it a long time ago. It made a huge difference in the cabin.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts