Subaru WRX Forums banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Not really a mod but I finally took off my 3Gwrxforums.com stickers off today...It was a little sad but its hard to promote a site that has fallen into silence. I'm on here everyday though trying to keep the site alive and do what I can.

On a side note, I'm thinking of debadging my front and rear. The front is fairly easy but I'm a little hesitate to try and take off the rear badge that's been on there since 2008.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not really a mod but I finally took off my 3Gwrxforums.com stickers off today...It was a little sad but its hard to promote a site that has fallen into silence. I'm on here everyday though trying to keep the site alive and do what I can.

On a side note, I'm thinking of debadging my front and rear. The front is fairly easy but I'm a little hesitate to try and take off the rear badge that's been on there since 2008.
Should be alright. Plus the paint under the badge hasn't been exposed to uv light

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
When its not raining here, I'll probably do it one weekend.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It'll be a lot easier with heat, and I used dental floss keeping it as close to the emblems as I can, then I've used both goo gone and lighter fluid with a soft rag to buff out the adhesive. The lighter fluid works better. Then wash the area, polish if wanted, and definitely a coat of wax

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do it! It looks so much better debadged :) I've never noticed your front grill before - I love it! I should wrap mine again sometime until I can afford a real CF one. That is sad about the stickers - I still check in just about every day as well, but it's nothing like what it used to be :(

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Do it! It looks so much better debadged :) I've never noticed your front grill before - I love it! I should wrap mine again sometime until I can afford a real CF one. That is sad about the stickers - I still check in just about every day as well, but it's nothing like what it used to be :(
thanks about the grill, I actually lucked out on ebay lol. Its been in nonstop sun and all weather conditions and its never faded or turned that nasty yellow color. But yeah I'm really leaning toward debadging it.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Im not quite sure how my autobody guy did it. When I seen the spats right out of the box there were no clips. I did see he drilled some holes to secure it then used the 3m tape to keep it in place. I've had it on now for almost 3 years in 7 different states, several power washes and its never come off.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
possibly, there are no marks on the outside. I would have to get it on a lift to see that far under.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
updating parts list finally. I know now where I want to go with this build as far as power goals, only thing now is putting money aside for new tires after a screw landed in my tire near the sidewall. So off to buy another set of Potenzza's..

·
Registered
250 Posts
updating parts list finally. I know now where I want to go with this build as far as power goals, only thing now is putting money aside for new tires after a screw landed in my tire near the sidewall. So off to buy another set of Potenzza's..
How close? Leaking?
Maybe you can plug it for the time being until funds are there?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awesome updated list :)

A couple thoughts on it, are you still planning on having Eric tune you for E85 or are you going local? He recommended ID1000's to me for E85, and I saw you had DW750's listed, so thought I'd throw that out there in case you hadn't made your mind up completely yet. I know a lot of guys run the ID1000's and don't say anything bad about them. Also, I had the GFB Hybrid BOV on my car when I bought it, ran it that way for a couple years, and switched out to a Forge Motorsports fully recirculating BPV and couldn't be happier with it. Of course it's all personal preference, but I could never go back to the GFB one.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
How close? Leaking?
Maybe you can plug it for the time being until funds are there?
No leaks, and me and a buddy got a plug kit and fixed it for the time being. I have a photo of the damage.

1907462_847359831987844_1002565094358491465_n.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Awesome updated list :)

A couple thoughts on it, are you still planning on having Eric tune you for E85 or are you going local? He recommended ID1000's to me for E85, and I saw you had DW750's listed, so thought I'd throw that out there in case you hadn't made your mind up completely yet. I know a lot of guys run the ID1000's and don't say anything bad about them. Also, I had the GFB Hybrid BOV on my car when I bought it, ran it that way for a couple years, and switched out to a Forge Motorsports fully recirculating BPV and couldn't be happier with it. Of course it's all personal preference, but I could never go back to the GFB one.

Good luck!
I'm going to have Eric tune me for that setup and if I feel its safe to go E85 I will be running that with him as well. Depending on how things go I may go with a local pro-tune but that's awhile down the road.
Thanks for the heads up on the ID1000's, I looked into those as well but was on the fence bewteen them and DW's. And I'm def going to look into the Forge Motorsports recirc bov. I chose the GFB because I'm not a fan of using washers like the one RallySportDirect used on their STI build. That seems a little redneck to me lol.
What were the pro's and con's of the GFB compared to your current setup?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hoonigan808 said:
What were the pro's and con's of the GFB compared to your current setup?
I felt like it was fine at first, but as I started modding the car I didn't feel like it was building and holding boost as it should have been. I tried multiple settings, completely open, completely closed, and multiple ways in between and it just didn't feel right. After installing the Forge I didn't have to worry about adjustments or getting it right anymore, and I definitely felt an immediate difference. Whether it was an issue with my specific BOV, something I was doing, or something else, I'm not sure, but I definitely noticed a difference as soon as I switched.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
I'll have to pass that on to my buddy, he was talking me into getting the GFB Ill let him know how yours did. Even though the forge is full recirc do you get any "noise" from it or is it quiet like the stocker? Also do you have the part# for the one you are using?

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
It's definitely still audible, but not as audible as the GFB since none of it is going to the atmosphere. Mine's the FMWRX3 in black.
ok that's the one I was looking at also when I went to the FM page

141 - 160 of 177 Posts