10986667_840778285979332_4064479347697756083_n.jpg

me and my buddy cleaning prior to Cars&Coffee event

10953188_840778242646003_6070679584924385732_n.jpg

Reactions: thefuzzypenguin

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
found out my lean issue was due to faulty gaskets that are between the Upper intake manifold and the TGV's. Parts are on order.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I asked Eric Minehart about why I was throwing a lean code when the outside temp drops below 27 degrees. He said this is a known issue with 08's and below with bad gaskets. The issue was redesigned in 2009+.

On a side note, Im taking my car in for a recall on the brake line corrorsion. I also started my claim with SOA for the clutch/firewall issue.

http://www.subarufirewallclassaction.com/subaru-firewall-class-action-info-center.html

·
Registered
714 Posts
Gaskets.......?!?!

I've got a catless 2010 with a TP tune and I still pop all the dash lights occasionally when it's below 30 degrees out. It happens when I go full throttle in 4th or 5th from a little lower RPM's. Mine's overboost from what I can tell though...............

Emailed Eric last night asking about putting a catted DP in there to prevent the creep. Your issue just sounds too close to mine for me to not be curious.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm having the same issue and I feel like it has to be in the intake manifold gaskets as well. Ordered the LGT gaskets (2 or 2.5 times thicker than the 08 WRX ones) and just waiting on being able to install them. I've only thrown the lean code once (at like -3 degrees), but any time it's below 20 degrees I idle lean something fierce.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
On Feb 27, 2015, at 5:18 PM, Eric Minehart <[email protected]> wrote:

The problem isn't the tune. You need to have your intake manifold to TGV gaskets replaced.

This part was redesigned in 2009 and newer cars no longer have this problem, 08WRX and previous LGT's are affected.

-Eric Minehart

TORQUED PERFORMANCE
Subaru Performance Tuning
303-642-6574

·
Registered
250 Posts
I asked Eric Minehart about why I was throwing a lean code when the outside temp drops below 27 degrees. He said this is a known issue with 08's and below with bad gaskets. The issue was redesigned in 2009+.

On a side note, Im taking my car in for a recall on the brake line corrorsion. I also started my claim with SOA for the clutch/firewall issue.

http://www.subarufirewallclassaction.com/subaru-firewall-class-action-info-center.html
I just tried doing it from my phone but keeps only showing the button to return to the home page

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
yeah the website did the same to me using IE, which is all I can use from work. Hopefully someone from here has tried it on Chrome.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Got my clutch/firewall welds fixed by the dealership this weekend. They reinforced the firewall and welded in a plate where the known welds were broken through. No squeek and the clutch actually feels like it supposed to. I worked with SOA on this and it didn't cost me anything but $8.67 for some OEM electronic parts that were attached to the old firewall.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Yeah, I got in contact with them a month ago and they worked with me on letting the dealership know about the known defects. Luckily the dealership here also knowledgable about the situation and had already done a few firewalls already.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
Well since nobody is on here anymore I guess I'll update. I've lost interest in putting anymore money into this. I'm only doing maintenance for now.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Wow you're still going also haha! Yeah I loved it for awhile but I need a daily and I can't keep putting the miles on this one. My friend really wants my Feals though for his STI haha.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Well since I'll be keeping this for awhile yet, I upgraded the brakes. Went with some StopTech slotted. I'll be putting these on next month.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
what used to be a fun car to drive has become a money pit of nonstop maintenance issues. Powersteering rack & pinion seals, which destroyed the front alignment.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts