Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With no WRC coverage here in the states, how is everyone catching all the action?

Based:
Valence and Monte Carlo

Surface:
Wintry asphalt

Stages:

2007 winner:
Sebastien Loeb/Citroen C4 WRC

Rallye Automobile Monte Carlo, the oldest event in the FIA World Rally Championship calendar and the longest running event in all rally sport, will celebrate its 76th anniversary this year. The route is similar to that used in 2007 taking drivers again to the Vercors and Ardeche regions of France, where the event gained its legendary reputation. Also with a return to the Turini region in the Alpes Maritimes on the final day, this event has in reality now become a unique four-day event.

The conditions, however, should not differ much from those we have grown to expect in recent years. Patches of ice, snow and colder temperatures will dominate the weekend's weather conditions, but the new rules should reduce the reliance on correct tyre choices. A final superspecial stage, will again be held around the harbour area of Monaco's Formula 1 circuit on the Sunday.

Large crowds flock to the rally each year. French and Italians will make up the majority of the spectators, but fans from all across the globe will make the trip. With the event being again mainly based in Valence this year, budget-conscious spectators will find accommodation and eating much more affordable than in Monaco. Note that the event is again limited to 60 crews and that this event qualifies for neither the J-WRC nor the P-WRC.

More info at:
http://www.acm.mc/ramc/ramc_main.php
http://www.wrc.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would imagine that you can get WRC coverage via a torrentcast (e.g., via XTorrent on a Mac).

I do not scruple against p2p downloads for stuff that we simply cannot get otherwise here in the states. *spit* to SPEED channel for replacing WRC coverage with NASCRAP.

(At least they didn't cancel F1, and at least they still have FIM.)

(And, if I'm not mistaken, it's Bob Varsha's voice I hear on the new American Gladiators.)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
when do the Subaru's WRC2008 will jump into action ?
cant wait for seeing the reaction of the haters ;D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would imagine that you can get WRC coverage via a torrentcast (e.g., via XTorrent on a Mac).

I do not scruple against p2p downloads for stuff that we simply cannot get otherwise here in the states. *spit* to SPEED channel for replacing WRC coverage with NASCRAP.

(At least they didn't cancel F1, and at least they still have FIM.)

(And, if I'm not mistaken, it's Bob Varsha's voice I hear on the new American Gladiators.)

Thanks for the tip. Im on a Mac so I will definitely check out XTorrent.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree. Zero wins in two years. :(

I will be happy if we pull just one win this year, especially if it is in the new WRC2008 car. Gotta have something to rub it in to all the 08 haters. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Atkinson repeats 2007 stage win on SS13

w00t! :)

Atkinson repeats 2007 stage win on SS13

Subaru’s Chris Atkinson was the fastest driver through SS13, beating rally leader Sebastien Loeb by almost ten seconds, and becoming the only non Citroen driver to take a stage win so far this season.

Atkinson recorded the first asphalt stage win of his career on the same 25km section last year.

Subaru team manager Paul Howarth wasn’t surprised by Atkinson’s pace, “The high-speed nature of the St Bonnet stage really seems to suit him,” said Howarth. “We saw last year that he can be phenomenally good there. Given the similar weather conditions I was quietly confident that Chris could do it again.”

Despite approaching this rally with last year’s Impreza, and modest expectations of success, the Subaru World Rally Team is on course for one of its best results for a long time. If Atkinson remains third and Solberg fifth, the team could leave Monte Carlo as joint leaders of the manufacturers’ championship.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=185&desc=Atkinson repeats 2007 stage win on SS13

1 - 10 of 10 Posts