Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the 2008 upgrade cat-back exhaust? is it worth the $333.00? does it do anything for performance or is it just cosmetic? Does anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
752 Posts
you could probably get a custome one made for less.

i know a place that does custom jobs for 180-220 for a CBE.

performance gains are minimal with the CBE. Do you have a Cobb AP?

·
Registered
327 Posts
What do you think of the 2008 upgrade cat-back exhaust? is it worth the 3.00? does it do anything for performance or is it just cosmetic? Does anyone have any pics?
I take it you are talking about the SPT exhaust. It basically looks nice and gives a little bit of the boxer rumble(from the videos I've watched-I'm still awaiting mine.) Good luck finding it for $333....the sale/intro price is done as far as I know, and it's upwards of $700-800. There are plenty of threads if you search a bit with pictures, videos, and even some peoples custom jobs.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
unfortunately, most branded cat-back exhaust run well north $300. And as SleepingWRX said, the intro price has been gone since the beginning of the month.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
if you can stll find one at the price get it... its a steal to ask so little for that nice plug n play
if not than get a custom one.. or pay 700-1000$ for a branded CBE

·
Registered
988 Posts

For 180-220 i really don't think you would get a nice fit to finsh like the SPT CBE. I have one and it's will wroth the 330.00

·
Registered
88 Posts

I would like more info on this place fo sho!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
the SPT is very quiet in person but the advantage is it's covered under the factory warranty
yuup! Obviously price was a big factor too. And I prefer zero highway drone. For those that are looking for noise and want to be noticed by people walking on the street, look elsewhere.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Check this site out. This is the cheapest i found the SPT for. Its very Tempting!! ;D I just wonder if there still back ordered

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214117
I think they still are. I just talked to SOA and they are supposed to call me back. My order at my dealership is a "special order" so it is supposed to get shipped when available. However, that's what they told me a few weeks ago, so they are checking on what the hold up is...I asked if it's just going to be June and they said they are planning to ship them on the 30th. ???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has finally come. I went to the dealer and they had ONE left and I got it. I would agree that it is not that load however I would still say that it is worth the $330.00 that I paid. I sure as hell doesn't sound like a rice burner which is good for me and you can hear that boxer rumble but it is not super load (which was what I was looking for). Like they said in the previous posts, if your looking to get noticed by people on the street you should probably go with a magna flow or other brand than the STP, but if you just looking for that small difference and a cooler look it was well worth the money. I will try and post another youtube video soon.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Somebody post what they sound like from inside the car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts