Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally received my sedan exhaust! Finally... I haven't heard the SPT Exhaust for the hatch, but I have read reviews from members... This exhaust makes this car sound so sick! Totally different than stock. It sounds absolutely perfect. Really deep and definitely has the boxer rumble. I don't have a video camera, so I will probably leave the sound clips for someone else to post unless I get ahold of a video camera in the next day or two. Here are some pics. Don't ask me about measurements, because I was way too excited to take the time to measure the diameter. All you need to worry about is when to get one. It sounds so mean. I had a 2005 Evolution VIII with 375 awhp previously and I am still very impressed by the deep mean sound. It's just so sick, you have to hear one in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks awsome. It would be great to hear it. The pipe looks like 3" from your photos. Now why won't they make duals for the five door?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly, the install only took about an hour if that. It comes with all gaskets and bolts for install. The only thing that took up time was replacing my rear bushing. One of the bolts went right in and the second was a pain. :mad: I will try to get a video camera this evening maybe so I can a get a sound clip up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
OH MAN I AM SO JEALOUS......where in the hell did you get one?????? I have been looking everywhere for the SPT for my car. My dealership does not have one yet and when you go to the SPT website you cant purchase one from there

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks amazing! I'm getting my tomorrow! I know you said you would try and post some vids, but in your own words, how does it sound?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is just amazing. I read alot of reviews about the hatch and really cannot relate to some of the members posts. It is not quiet, it is not loud. It is so mean. It definitely doesn't sound like any of the Legacy GT's on youtube either. It is so deep and rumbly. I was very impressed as soon as I started it. It made a really big difference. I can't even imagine how a down pipe could make it sound any better... But I will find out pretty soon. I am gonna try to make a couple of videos tomorrow evening. I had my cousin drive it while I stood by the street and it just sounds so sick.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah that does look nice dude. I cannot wait to get mine on tuesday!!! I was gonna wait to install it until when I got my downpipe but screw it Im putting it on rite away. Ill put the downpipe on when I get that. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dade county I hate you! After reading what you said, I don't know if i'll be able to sleep tonight with the thought of it arriving in less than 24 hours!!!! Ughh I can't wait! If UPS some how screws me over and there tracking system is wrong, someone is going to die!

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is definitely pretty sick! I can't decide if I should get this or wait for COBB to release theirs.....Does anyone know if the SPT exhaust will mess with an AccessPort?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dade where did you order yours from? I bought mine through the dealer on April 5 and have yet to hear an update. I really hope it sounds the way you say, because I'm tired of the car sounding like a pissed off sewing machine...at least my AVO CAI gives it a bit of attitute from turbo and bpv. I don't think that the exhaust will mess with the AP. I believe the SPT parts are supposed to be "tune-free", so no tune necessary after installation.(unless running non SPT parts)

·
Registered
18 Posts
just out of curiosity. where did you all order your CBE from? i ordered it from subarugenuineparts.com and i hab no idea when im gonna get it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in Virginia. I got it from Bob Wade Subaru in Harrisonburg, VA. I put in my order back in April and they called me on Thursday. I picked it up on Friday. I installed it on Saturday. I'm serious man... If you don't like the sound of this car with this exhaust than I don't know what to tell ya. It sounds so sick. I can't begin to imagine what a downpipe is gonna do. I thought my Evo sounded mean... Which it definitely did, but it never sounded so deep and rumbly. I have always loved the way Subaru's sound, but it still doesn't sound like I have heard in the past. It has to be the way it split into dual pipes at the axle or something. It is deeper that I had expected. I can't stop driving it with the windows down even with it being like 90 degrees outside. By the way, highway noise is pretty minimal also. People in the back seat can hear also. That is a concern for some. I am gonna try to get that video this evening. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I want to compare it to mine when I finally hear this!!! I have up waiting last month and set up a custom exhaust.. I have had the SPT for mine on order since April also, but my dealership still hasn't called. Once I hear it I might try to sell my custom exhaust (2.5" cat back with HKS 3" muffler) depending on how it compares to my custom. Heres a clip on mine (Yes I know it looks ugly as balls but I wanted the sound SOO bad) !!!! If I decide to keep this setup, im having the other hole in the bumper filled in at my dads shop since its gonna be in there to get the wheels painted soon anyways lol.

My Custom -

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dade you are damn lucky! I called Gerald Subaru of North Aurora, IL and I had placed my order the first week of April and he said that his last update was that they were supposed to be starting shipping June 16. I am dying to have this on my car, it really sucks having to spend just about half of summer waiting for this stupid thing. ::)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts