Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the Legacy GT downpipe fits the 08 WRX ? it would make sense consider they have so many out already, but i am not sure.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Not Sure... But, there are a handful of downpipes already out there for the 80 WRX.

Rallitek.com has some

Ulitmate-Racing has some

Cobb Tuning has some...

I depends on how much you would like to spend and what type, catted, non-catted. As long as the welds are good then there in not much to worry about.

·
Registered
44 Posts
any legacy 05 gt and up will work it doesnt match to the cat back though, we mocked mine up a couple a days ago with the new turbo vf40

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the stock catback will work with the legacy gt downpipe installed ? but a legacy gt catback will not work with the legacy gt downpipe installed ?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
He said that it doesn't mock up to the catback exhaust. We are doing a group buy with Ultimate Racing on Downpipes, would you be interested? $385 for catted shipped and $300 for non-catted shipped.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dumb question but I just wanna make sure on this.... With a non catted dp youd fail inspection correct? and would your check engine light come on?

·
Registered
519 Posts
If the inspector knows what he is looking for or you have an emissions test yes the car will fail. And even technically putting a catted downpipe on can make you fail an inspection. It will give you a CEL but there are fixes for that.

·
Registered
949 Posts
So is it even worth buying a catted downpipe if im gonna fail either way? What are the fixes for the catted one and whats CEL? Yeah I know its a really NEWB question... ???

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have a catted DP on mine with no CEL, I think most will not give one. My state has no inspection so I could have gone catless if I wanted to. For the catless pipes I think there is an adapter that you screw into the pipe that will fix the CEL. As far as getting a catted pipe, some come with 2 high flow cats in which case you are still technically legal, others like mine only have one cat in them, and you take a chance that if you do need to get inspected it might fail. Just got to know how tough your inspection process, and inspector are.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have my 05+ LGT Perrin Catless Downpipe on my 08 WRX now, and it mated up just fine to the Ultimate Racing CBE. It did not mate up with the stock CBE, BUT if you had the adaptor for the downpipe that you could use a donut gasket on, then it would have worked. There was only maybe a 1/8-1/4" gap max so an adaptor would make it fit I believe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts