Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dyno my car today and got 202 hp with 250tq and was hoping for a higher reading. But I was told this Dyno gives a lower reading. Any one have a stock 08 sti dyno chart? I would like to see the power band across the rpm.

Car- 2008 WRX
Mods
Perrin Stage 2 map
Perrin TMIC
Cobb DP
STP CBE
Dyno Dynamics AWD at http://www.dentsport.com/services/dyno-tuning/
I was told the this dyno reads lower.
MAX HP is 202 HP
MAX TQ 250

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey nice powr dude, for yuor mods your rexy sounds healthy to me.
Dont listen to bullshit people put up about how there standard rex with a CBE make 240hp and they expecting to get 280 with an intake... if im not mistaken, you have 150kw's at the wheels, which on a four wheel drive is sweet (about what a stanard MY03 sti makes...)
I bet it hammers now..
ANd yeah your not using those crappy hubb crap dyno's either :)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I kinda want to see a stock 08 STI dyno graph and see where the peak HP comes around on the rpm range. I know HP reading won't really mean any thing unless it was dyno on the same dyno.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Heartbreaker dyno, maybe? Just a thought. Don't be too disappointed, IMO. I like that torque.

joneSi

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was very disappointed but I rather have a lower reading then a higher reading.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in MA USA. I'm not sure about the sea level. I just wanted a dyno run before my turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I was also expecting a little more. But I agree with you though, rather have a low number than high number (unless that person is a dyno queen).

·
Registered
382 Posts
So If I'm understanding the graph correct, the Perrin Map peaks at 16 psi? Maybe its to early in the morning for me, but that seems conservative programming in the map.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the target boost is 17 on the stg 2 map but I might be wrong. I'm going to call Perrin tomorrow and ask.

·
Registered
253 Posts
almost like my set up except with a VF40 and tuned by Clark Turner...

I suggest you get rid of the OTS map and find yourself a tuner

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Same Dyno

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Looks you are at STi power with even more tq. Congrats :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
EFI Logics, a shop by me, has tuned two of my friends' '08 STis in various levels of tune.

A stage 1 STi with a catback, drop in filter and AP put down 275awhp and 305wtq SAE adjusted on a Mustang dyno.
A stage 2 STi with a catback, drop in filter, downpipe, and AP put down 296awhp and 330wtq SAE adjusted on the same Mustang dyno.

Here is the EFI dyno comparison tool. It lists the mods on the car and gives a graph at the bottom: http://www.efilogics.com/dyno/index.php?runid1=84&runid2=53&hp=1&torque=1&gb=1

Oh, and the stage 2 did this:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I was there for the stage 1 red STi. I spoke with the owner, he was VERY happy. And I was quite surprised. 270WHP on a mustang.
Seen a 07 STi w/ a typical stage 2+ stuff, and minor fuel mods, put down 301WHP.......... on a dynojet. Great numbers on the 08's!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe I'll take a ride down to EFI atfer all.

·
Registered
176 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts