Subaru WRX Forums banner

81 - 100 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Yeah I got an email, and Subaru.com...

Luckily all I have to do is reflash, not downpipe for me yet...
They're not going to do anything with the ECU... You should not have to reflash, at least I didn't...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Yeah I got an email, and Subaru.com...

Luckily all I have to do is reflash, not downpipe for me yet...
They're not going to do anything with the ECU... You should not have to reflash, at least I didn't...
STis got a reflash recall though. I was one of them. Might be off OP topic confustion because its still a "recall" per say.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The funny thing is I don't use my dealer for anything really...I do all my own service and I have warranty items checked at a different dealer.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Dealer called me today, going in Friday morning.
yeah...... I cant depend or want to depend on my dealer for ANYTHING! :mad:

On the letter, it says not to park the car in the garage........ where else can I park my poor baby?! :'(

Please don't park your explosive flame throwing device in our facilities. Is it getting hot in here???

·
Registered
206 Posts
has anyone taken in their car yet with only a reflash ?????im contemplating just leaving the tune on there???they technically cant do anything right???what a pain in my ass this is???how long did u guys have to wait at the dealer???thanks

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
has anyone taken in their car yet with only a reflash ?????im contemplating just leaving the tune on there???they technically cant do anything right???what a pain in my ass this is???how long did u guys have to wait at the dealer???thanks
I brought mine in with a SPT CBE and a reflash... Not a big deal. There is no reason to take the tune off the car... actually there really is no reason for them to look at the ECU at all, even if they did reflash the ECU, just flash it back... they probably ask you to leave it due to the fact that they will want your car to cool off before they add the bracket, or pipe and bracket. They had my car for 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yah it was like 45 mins for me including a wash. I dont' think they reflashed. My car would probably be running like shit if they did.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Yah it was like 45 mins for me including a wash. I dont' think they reflashed. My car would probably be running like shit if they did.
They reset my ECU when they did mine, not sure why.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
got my recall notice the other day, going to wait a few days and try to have them fix my struts while there at it. (maybe the car will burst into flames) im really digging the new ram 2500 with a cummins.

Just have to get some more backup info on how the struts should be covered according to all the websites and drive magizine so when they state ohh its not covered i can hit them with the wad of paper work i have printed off the net and the drive magizine upside the head. Then i will state Yes it is covered, now fix them!

·
Registered
402 Posts
sucks that im driving a forester loaner. i hope my car is done tomorrow

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
They reset my ECU when they did mine, not sure why.
I wonder if they disconnected the battery when they worked on our car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine was ready in an hr flat. No need to replace the pipe they just added the bracket. They did not appear to disconnect the battery on my car. I'm still stock tuned so it would not have been a big deal to me either way.

81 - 100 of 150 Posts