Subaru WRX Forums banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Yah it was like 45 mins for me including a wash. I dont' think they reflashed. My car would probably be running like shit if they did.
They reset my ECU when they did mine, not sure why.
I wonder if they disconnected the battery when they worked on our car?
That's what I'm thinking, I don't know of another easy way to reset the ECU. Not sure why the had to disconnect the battery to bolt on a bracket.

·
Registered
988 Posts
i just want them to tell me if the bracket needs to be installed or not. I rather but the part and install it my self.

·
Registered
402 Posts
sucks that im driving a forester loaner. i hope my car is done tomorrow
Why the loaner? The oil pipe change and bracket take less than an hour.
they didnt have the part in stock at my dealer.

and yes it feels good to be in my wrx.

oh btw if you do it yourself, you will be spending around 150 for the part. mine was done free

labor + parts = 370 , course i didnt pay jack cause of my warranty

·
Registered
298 Posts
do they let you just buy the part and install it yourself for warranty work? seems like it could be a liability issue for them if they don't properly fix something that has the potential to set your car on fire.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Last time I got my tire changed they scratched my rim all the way around and try to blame it on my. I don't wnat those clowns touching my car at all. I will only let them touch my car if it's a really big warranty work.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
canadian spec recall are begining to show up, most of us in quebec got them yesterday and the day before, i called my dealer and they juste received the bracket and they gonna do mine this afternoon

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
well, just got mine done today. It took probably 10 minutes to inspect and install the bracket. It took longer for all the paper work than the actual work on the car.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
had mine done also... no paperwork hehe

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
a guy i know had a problem last month, the hose broke and all the oil started leaking but he stopped just in time, no fire, no engine fallure

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine busted before the recall. Stealership did it under warranty.

I don't really recall when it happened but I was at a drive-up atm and I noticed that the airspace between it and my car was extremely hot. About 30 blocks away when I coasted to a red light a bellow of smoke came up through my hood. Home was just 5 blocks away. Pulled it up on blocks, looked for oil leaks (didn't see any), looked at turbo and my nose hair were getting singed. Looked up symptoms thought maybe a CV boot tear and oil leaking.

What was great *sarcasm*, the stealership took 1 week to fix this. I got there on a Monday morning at 7am. They diagnose the turbo inlet pipe as cracked. Order comes in Tuesday, they ordered wrong part. Wednesday comes, the get delivery of right parts but they forget extra gaskets for pipe that would be attached to intake. Part come in Thursday, but they waited till the end of the day and find that the intake will take up quite some time. Friday they still weren't completed. BUFFOONS! At least it was warrantied, and neat that it happened before recall.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Will someone take a pic of this damn bracket! lol. I wanna see what it exactly looks like before I waste my time and the stealership. Mine isn't bent/cracked/anything but has a bracket on it already.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
got the bracket installed today.i walked in and they did it in 20 minutes.props to feders subaru for no appointment needed!!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Will someone take a pic of this damn bracket! lol. I wanna see what it exactly looks like before I waste my time and the stealership. Mine isn't bent/cracked/anything but has a bracket on it already.
I am not 100% but Middle to lower left of the pic, just to the right of the yellow tubing... I think thats it... or at least you can go check to see if you have that damn bracket and let us know... ;)

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks for the Pic.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Haha I'm looking to go in to get the work done, and after hearing some of the deals on the STIs that they're running...

I might be driving away in a different car...

101 - 120 of 150 Posts