Subaru WRX Forums banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
finally had mine done

removed my heat shield ahead of time to save them some time and make it easier

took 45 minutes from the second I pulled up to the second I left

they inspected it, installed the bracket, and also addressed my squeaky clutch pedal that I mentioned to the service writer

cost to me: $0

awesome experience -- this was at Hatfield Subaru in Columbus Ohio

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone have any trouble with the gas tank door not opening on 08 sedan?
Actually, yes I have. The cable is fine, it happens to be the pin within the gas tank door area. The pin isn't catching the cut out that holds the door shut. It appears as if my gas tank door itself is a little off center, but knowing the techs at my local Subaru dealer, I don't trust them to "take it to a body shop" to repair it since there is no other way to fix it other than drilling new holes into the body of the car. I've made adjustments to the latch on the door to make it open properly. Other than that there isn't any other way to fix it I suppose.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Actually, yes I have. The cable is fine, it happens to be the pin within the gas tank door area. The pin isn't catching the cut out that holds the door shut. It appears as if my gas tank door itself is a little off center, but knowing the techs at my local Subaru dealer, I don't trust them to "take it to a body shop" to repair it since there is no other way to fix it other than drilling new holes into the body of the car. I've made adjustments to the latch on the door to make it open properly. Other than that there isn't any other way to fix it I suppose.
Mine has been stuck a few times then i just bent the inside tab out a little so it popped open better when opened. simple fix is to just bend the tab in or out depending how you want it to pop.

·
Registered
905 Posts
it will have been fun if they recall the entire turbo and put back the new wrx turbo instead :p
i think all of us 08 buyers are going through this "09 turbo" withdraw :( haha

·
Registered
905 Posts
actually driving to vermont last month i noticed that it took like 5 hard pulls to get that b*tch open. ill have to do that tab bending thing.

also, clams, did the dealer replace your struts with the 09 ones?

141 - 150 of 150 Posts