Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rotora Rear 4 Pot

Ever since i installed my Rotora Front 6 Pot, i've been waiting for shipment of my rear 4 Pot to arrive. And it finally has!

Spanking clean but not for long.

LTM Oil Catch Tank

Went to the track and had oil leak right after that. Had to drive slowly back 300km home.

Apparently our stock turbo hose is made of plastic. At high stress/vibrations environment, they are prone to crack. Thats the reason why my car was leaking.

Since my car's there waiting for the turbo hose to be replaced (by a custom stainless steel hose so future leaks from that component will not be a problem), i decided to get my Oil Catch tank installed, at where my TMIC used to be.

RearStrut bar and Sway Bars

With so many bars on the front, i've been understeering like hell on the track. So i've decided to fix it.

And it finally did. my car handles like a gem on the track.

Strut bars

After hearing from my good friends at a local workshop that their affiliates in Taiwan's released a strut bar for the GH series, I decided to take the plunge! 4 bars in total, pics as shown!

Used this brand of bars on my previous ride for a reasonable period of time and a few track session at Sepang F1 Circuit and it held up well. So decided the brand wasn't so much of a problem!

Koyorad Radiator

Here's the next stage. After finding myself with some time, i decided to go down to my workshop to take my car 1 step closer to my ultimate project.

Decided to get my radiator done. After getting over the fact that the japanese company makes their parts in Indonesia, i decided to go aheadn.

Here are the pics!

FMIC and Oil Cooler Custom

Some pics back a month ago where i put my car on the dyno for tuning before i went sepang.

Found these pics in the store, so here they are!

FMIC and Oil Cooler Custom

I've finally collected my car after 3 days!! they had too much to do. The front beam (to support the bumper in an accident) had to be removed and my battery changed to a smaller one and moved to a corner.

We've used a Blitz Type-R intercooler. Good cooling past 500 hp.

I've also added a billion air funnel to funnel air from one of my fog lights (no more fog lights) to the air intake area... here are the pics!

My front grille is still in the body shop.. will get it back tmrw...

Will be cutting away the black grille to expose the intercooler

Cusco Zero2E

After waiting close to 2 months, my Cusco Zero2E is finally here! I didn't get the E-Con due to the possibility of upgrading the coilovers in time to come, so here are the pics of the Coilovers!

Blitz I-Color SBC Boost Controller!!!

Heres the photo for the boost controller!

Rotora 6 Pot!

More brakes photo to come!

Blitz Intakes!

The car without the stock intakes! We basically used a legacy intake which had similiar lay out as our 2008 WRX. However, the intake air sensor could not fit tightly into the legacy intakes adapter. So we had to customise one

Mean while, the garage owner got me to buy some blings!

Heres the intake. Blitz SUSS. Basically a high flow racing intake

Fitting on after 2 hours of fabricating of the sensor adapter

A closer look at the adapter

Almost done!

Fitted on the stock funnel...

EXHAUST VIDEO

Gauges and BOV!

I recently dumped my car at the garage for a day to get some car health monitoring equipments.

Got Defi Gauges, namely Boost, Oil Temp and Oil Press.

In addition, i got a VSD with access to Exhaust Temp and Water Temp.

On top of that, got the Apexi Turbo Timer (black)

And for the Engine bay, i got the Blitz Supersound BOV.

Here are the pics

if u try hard enough, you can see the projections for the VSD

Thanks Courteau for the idea!

The blitz BOV!

TYRES AND RIMS

I was heading straight to my tyres and rims dealer right after my car collection! having preordered the rims a few weeks before, i didn't have to choose (i've already made my choice!)

Silverstone Evol8

Jacking up the car and taking off the boots

Well, too the chance to take out the unsightly "Impreza" from the rear badges

The rims are finally out of the box!

And on the car!

The finishing shots

Car Collection

After a long wait, i've finally collected my 2008 WRX! here's some of the photos of my collection!

Still Raw w/o a number plate

Number plate on!

Rear view

More

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: 2008 WRX Red Photo Journal! *Collection & Rims Day!*

looks good! are those little side turn signals? custom or did your car come with them? thats the first time I see that, and i like it haha

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

YO! Killer rims! The gold totally gives it the rally look. A+ I'm thinking of doing black rims w/ the same 225/45 set up. Let me know if it handles a lot better.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Look sweet, lov the wheels, but need more sport grille :p

For the side signal tell me if im wrong but its standard safety equipment in singapore

Is yours equip with backup assist signal like all the car ive seen there ?

Will look sweet with a tints... but its illegal over there i think ?

·
Registered
0 Posts

Yo dude! UPZ for your sweet car!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I've recently ordered a set of coilovers! i can't say where and who it is for now, but i'll update once i have it and installed! It'll arrive in Singapore in January 08 so.. can't wait!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Nice ! now we need a sound clip of that BOV !

i want to hear a clip before you change the exhaust

·
Registered
752 Posts

are you recirculating the BOV? i would highly recomend it.
i tried not recirculating my Greddy RS and the AFR was all messed up. It also caused my car to stall.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Nice ! now we need a sound clip of that BOV !

i want to hear a clip before you change the exhaust
too late man. Already on custom... i love the boxer "music"!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i tried not recirculating my Greddy RS and the AFR was all messed up. It also caused my car to stall.
Nope. I'm not recirculating my Blitz BOV. Why don't u try tightning the spring? So far my car hasn't got the stalling problem! but i do understand that if u tighten it it should be ok.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Any sound clip will do !

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

Looks great. I have been trying to figure out where to put gauges, but I am not sure, yours looks pretty good. I am still divided in choosing between recirc and vent to air BOV.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Just noticed that your coin holder next to the shifter is different than mine (look at my TT pic)

·
Registered
752 Posts

Nope. I'm not recirculating my Blitz BOV. Why don't u try tightning the spring? So far my car hasn't got the stalling problem! but i do understand that if u tighten it it should be ok.
venting to atmosphere will mess with the readings on your MAF sensor and i think tightening the spring on the BOV just allows you to hold more boost. Check your AFR.

Looks great. I have been trying to figure out where to put gauges, but I am not sure, yours looks pretty good. I am still divided in choosing between recirc and vent to air BOV.
i think venting draws too much attention.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

Good point, I hear that the recirc end up leaking though.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts

Cars lookn better and better!! :) Gauge config. is perfect! I got the same seat cover but in black lo.. gotta keep er clean!!

·
Registered
273 Posts

it looks liek you picked it up then went stright to the wheel shop, i was the 2 person in the state of washington get to purchase went stright to PDX in oregon and said "hook it up" and the simply replyed "heres your utec"

But looks nice

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

New exhaust video! see the first post.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

new blitz intake! see first post!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Re: 2008 WRX Red Photo Journal! *XOs clip & Blitz Intake!*

Very nice.... I like what you are doing. It is a good project car.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts