Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, I have a 2008 Subaru Impreza GT(JDM WRX) that has been having a weird ringing noise coming from the engine around 2,000-3,000RPMs. The issues started after the timing belt and water pump was replaced, I noticed it immediately and took it back to the shop where the repair happened and they said they couldn't hear anything wrong with it, fast forward 1 year into now and the sound is more noticeable and also now something when I start the car from cold and its doing startup warming up it will randomly rev up to 2,000-2,500 RPMs and it will make audibly make the ringing/rattling sound that comes from the engine and also shake A LOT. I have managed to record the ringing/rattling sound it makes while driving but not when it revs up while warming up, already taken it to two mechanics that have said they heard nothing wrong and they have checked for loose stuff in the engine/under the car. This is disappointing me a lot because the issue is getting worse and worse every month and I don't know what to do to fix it. This is a recording of the car engine while driving, I have cut it so it is only the parts where the ringing/rattling is present,(WARNING CAN BE LOUD) Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files. Any of you might be an idea of what this issue could be?

This is a video I had taken after I noticed the sound
Video of car startup (didn't rev up this time)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.