Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hit 141 in kansas with about an extra 500 lbs in the car (picked up a ton of crap we left back home when we moved to CO, and had a passenger)

I still cant figure out if where governed or not to a specific speed, but it's not 136 like I believe the jspec cars are

·
Registered
421 Posts

hit 141 in kansas with about an extra 500 lbs in the car (picked up a ton of crap we left back home when we moved to CO, and had a passenger)

I still cant figure out if where governed or not to a specific speed, but it's not 136 like I believe the jspec cars are
nice.. haven't tried my top speed yet (we usually go to our neighbouring country to do it)... anyway mind taking a pic of your entire HU?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

nice.. haven't tried my top speed yet (we usually go to our neighbouring country to do it)... anyway mind taking a pic of your entire HU?
hu? head unit?

that's just my garmin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine did 139 before it shut off :D probly would do a little bit more in the right conditions...that was definetly fast enough for me...if i had sway bars and better tires it would be more stable but that was sketchy stock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine did 139 before it shut off :D probly would do a little bit more in the right conditions...that was definetly fast enough for me...if i had sway bars and better tires it would be more stable but that was sketchy stock.
I didn't feel instability was an issue, I felt that it got quite stable at high speed, like it just squated down and ran with it. felt a lot like my old man's BMW Z3 .

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
TomTom FTW ;D

·
Registered
519 Posts
I will post a pic later but I got mine to 125 MPH on the Extraterrestrial Highway in Nevada. A nice long staight away but 2 lane so I quit at 125. It was still pulling although slowly but you could feel it. I felt it was a little unstable as there was a good stiff wind that day too. But it sure was fun.

Seth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts