Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on model changes for 09? My dealer downplayed it and said they're adding a red color.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
A red exterior color.
are you talking about the WRX or the STi, cause WRX is already available red... for the STi i know some market dont have the red one but it does also already exist

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping for paint improvement, sheetmetal changes- even subtle, interior(seat, radio) upgrades, and intercooler/turbo upgrades? Maybe I'll hold out for a much changed 2010.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I was just informed by the manager at my (not-so-local) dealership and he said that the 2009's will have a much improved radio. That's all I got out of him due to the fact that I was only in for a real quick moment and had to be back on the road. I'll be sure to ask him if he is aware of any other changes soon.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i doublecheck and there is no red STi for canadian market in 2008

·
Registered
0 Posts
a bird whispered into my ear that the 09 STi will have dual clutch ( think GTi and EVO x) and paddle shift

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It was smart to separate the models by transmission the way they did. I'm pretty anxious to see how it turns out if this is in fact true at all. I won't be trading, but at least this will provide me with a few goodies to swap onto my car. The only thing that will make me really jealous is a 6th gear in the WRX. Still, that would make a 6-speed swap a little easier though.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
So here's the recipe for making a 2009 with a 2008 WRX:

- STi Pink Spring
- SPT CBE
- SPT Intake
- Map Upgraded
- STi Grill

As the moonroof and the red stitches that will be a bit harder to achieved... i will have love the moonroof cause i almost didnt want to consider the WRX because of the lack of a sunroof...

but if you add up what they claim in HP gain from the CBE and the new AEM intake (which could be the new SPT also) and a better tune you easily reach the 265 that they claim the new WRX is making

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm hoping most of these changes are something we could easily upgrade to. I'm feeling a little burned by Subaru right now...

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm hoping most of these changes are something we could easily upgrade to. I'm feeling a little burned by Subaru right now...
Feeling the same way. Not too worried about power improvments, I am sure I am allready over their estimated 265hp with my stg 2 setup. What worries me is the more aggressive styling. Lets hope its just a aero kit we can sway out.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
So here's the recipe for making a 2009 with a 2008 WRX:

- STi Pink Spring
- SPT CBE
- SPT Intake
- Map Upgraded
- STi Grill

As the moonroof and the red stitches that will be a bit harder to achieved... i will have love the moonroof cause i almost didnt want to consider the WRX because of the lack of a sunroof...

but if you add up what they claim in HP gain from the CBE and the new AEM intake (which could be the new SPT also) and a better tune you easily reach the 265 that they claim the new WRX is making
Well, the positive about not having a moonroof is that your car will be a little more rigid, but probably not by much. The WRX is still built on a much flimsier chassis than what I am used to, even without a moonroof. Hopefully some chassis bracing will help that.

I think you could just forgo the intake and exhaust, and just go for a downpipe instead to surpass the 265 mark at the crank, cheaper and quieter. Either way, power isn't something that is terribly hard to increase in these cars so I'm not worried about it. The 09 should be a pretty bitchin' wrx either way you swing it though.

I hate to think what the resale value will be on them after the new F&F comes out and all the racerboys want to buy the 3rd gen WRX's used. Hopefully it doesn't get too crazy though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts