Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to lower the car and get some (slightly) stiffer springs. What is the best course of action? Wait? I don't see many companies coming out with a specific spring for a 2009 considering they just released products for the 2008.

The 2009's are stiffer than the 2008's. The dampers are better. Using STi upper strut mounts.

I see that the Tanabe's for the STi are stiffer than anything out there right now, but they won't fit - or will they?

I am more concerned with looks right now but I don't want to take a step backwards on the spring rates. I came from a very stiff OEM suspension on my Civic Si and this is killing me!

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
If i could do it again though...

I would still sport the cobb springs...

Imo the stock ride height is just way too 4x4 and I just use the car as my daily

When some aftermarket specific springs are released, I will def switch over though..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Will the Sti pinks work for us?? They looked good on the 08 because the drop was not ridiculous, also will the be stiffer than what is on the 09 now??

·
Registered
651 Posts
there is a jdm STi "pink" spring recently released for the GR (STi)- it will also fit the 09 WRX and as the STi and WRX now share basically the same springs- these would work w/ the 09 dampers as well

the catch is they are tough to get and pricey- rallispec or japanparts probably would be good bets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts