Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyne know which ones are stiffer? I have read the '09's are 40% stiffer and the Sti pinks are 25% stiffer over the '08's.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
2008 spring rates f/r 151/136
2009 spring rates f/r 216/209
STi Pinks 188/171

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
2008 spring rates f/r 151/136
2009 spring rates f/r 216/209
STi Pinks 188/171
Is there a mild drop (.5 inch to 1 inch) on the 09 springs as there are on the pinks?
According to cars101, the 08 and 09 have same overall height (58.1") and ground clearance (6.1")
http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2008.html (2008)
http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2009.html (2009)
The 09 will provide the better performance, but STi pinks will provide the better stance. For those that havent bought springs, I would wait till companies make springs and dampers for the 09 and perhaps we can benefit more (maybe 50%+ in stiffness ;D)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am going to go with an '09 setup. I seen on here a company already selling them. I am going to get a quote from the dealership tomorrow also.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is a tough choice in my opinion...I think the STi Pinks ride/handle great over the stock 08 springs, and give a great stance as was mentioned before. A little stiffer would be nice (09 spring rate), but the car will still look like a 4x4. I hated the stock ride height. So the solution for 09? Get new springs that lower the ride height...but that prob also means even stiffer yet. And stiffer ride doesn't always equal better handling...

I personally think the STi Pinks with upgraded sway bars is a great balance in handling and comfort for daily driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw an 09 in person and they totally looked 4x4ish. I would love to have those rates, but not at the expense of raising my car back up from where it sits now on the pinks.....I agree with CuriousFish, wait until 09 sport springs come out and take advantage of those, maybe with stock 09 dampers?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well for a complete '09 setup from the dealership it is ~$1500.00 for the 4 springs and struts. I don't think I am going to go that route now.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Well for a complete '09 setup from the dealership it is ~00.00 for the 4 springs and struts. I don't think I am going to go that route now.
wait to get some take-offs from an 09 when someone puts coilovers on. the ride height is the same, but the suspension is my favorite change on the 09's. It isn't super stiff, but it's not soft either. it is perfect for me.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I think those are just for the struts. The springs were not listed along with the STi top hats and other misc. hardware.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think those are just for the struts. The springs were not listed along with the STi top hats and other misc. hardware.
Yep - that's for the shocks and struts. I'm still waiting on them to arrive. As for springs, the factory units are too high for me. I've got some 08+ STI Eibach's that I'm going to install.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts