Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a copy of the 2009 Subaru Genuine Performance Parts Catalog from some friends at Exeter Subaru. Subaru has finally released a color matched boost gauge for the 2008/2009 WRX/STI’s. Labeled as the SPT Boost Gauge the description reads:

SPT Boost Gauge
Displays engine vacuum in inHg and boost in PSI. Bright red illumination matches the vehicle instrument panel lighting and goes dark when the engine is turned off. Kit includes mounting cup and bracket.

Impreza WRX & WRX STI (2008-2009) H501SFG500 (Available February ‘09)
I’ll be putting my order in soon ;-)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It looks just like this but in PSI and said SPT on it. I'd take a pic of the catalog but my phone is acting up today.

I like the gauge, although I like my boost readings in PSI :-\

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Let's see the pricing :p

But yeah looks very nice.

One other company had the white needle but it didnt black out completely and the lighting not that great. In the day-time it looked pink.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It looks just like this but in PSI and said SPT on it. I'd take a pic of the catalog but my phone is acting up today.

I like the gauge, although I like my boost readings in PSI :-\
as method has said, i'm pretty sure it will be in pounds. And note that the pictured one is mounted on a car that is RHD.

HAHA... it was too early in the morning to be that accurate :-\ I just like looking at the pictures ;D

Thanks for the heads up!!!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
20psi max though?
Great for us who like to see the needle pegged at stage 2. Not so great for those running upgraded turbos and above 20psi

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a summary of the updates

* It's a mechanical boost gauge.
* Reads up to 20psi.
* All hardware and mounting cup included.
* On back order until late january.
* MSRP is $230 but can get much less (I was quoted much less then MSRP).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
20psi max though?
Great for us who like to see the needle pegged at stage 2. Not so great for those running upgraded turbos and above 20psi
I'm sure it would be pretty easy to resell if you needed something with a larger range. Also MadDad is running a poll right now on IWSTI for a color matched boost gauge. I'm fairly sure theirs run higher.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I will definitely be picking this up as well.

Perhaps we could do a group buy through SGP or another dealer?

1 - 20 of 215 Posts