Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us have heard that the 09 WRX has the VF52 turbo in it. What about the 09 STI? Do we know what turbo it's getting or what kind of gains it could give a WRX? ??? ???

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
From what I have read it is the same as the 08 STI. AFAIK no changes are in store for the 09 STI (so same turbo as 08)...though I cannot confirm this 100% as I have not seen an 09 STI under the hood.

joneSi

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is correct I believe. I think that there is a difference in the turbo housings according to the "Drive" magazine that Subaru sent me. I think the 09 sti is still rated at 305 engine hp.

·
Registered
417 Posts
In Aus the STi costs about $50000US so its a shame that it come with its $33000 US brothers turbo!? I mean I own a wrx but that would kinda suck for the money + insurance differences!?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what i was thinking, does that means you would be paying 1.5X the cost for 30hp? and some handling mods ???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ats right i forgot about the tranny. That would make a huge difference, i dunno about 10-15k difference, but a big difference

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
10-15k... well about 5k is for the tranny... then plus everything else, bigger turbo housing, suspension, brakes, wheels, DCCD, LSD... umm the list goes on lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts