Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely love the car. First factory turbo for me. Picked it up yesterday after four weeks of bargaining with the dealership - got it for $25.5 OTD with iPod, Auto Dim mirror and Sport Grill. Came out of a modded 2008 Civic Si. Haven't went above 4K RPM's yet, but I can already feel the beast lurking within.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
112 Posts
very nice congrats man. i came from a civic and before that an integra as well and wow do i love my baby (though i do have an 08). do you have the premium?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not premium. Really don't like the sunroof or fog light option. And who needs heated seating in Texas? Not me!

Loved the 8000 RPM redline but couldn't stand the lack of torque.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not premium. Really don't like the sunroof or fog light option. And who needs heated seating in Texas? Not me!

Loved the 8000 RPM redline but couldn't stand the lack of torque.
haha yeah agreed 8k redline was great. back in the day when i was driving the integra on the streets one of teachers pulled up to me and told me my car was loud but it didn't move LOL. i'm truly jealous the suspension upgrade they did on the 09s. how does it ride?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Civic honestly had a much stiffer suspension. Very, very well done. I would say it is pretty close in terms of "feel" in the corners - less understeer than the Rex. I haven't really opened it up yet either though. Only 40 miles on the odo. I'm not sure if the WRX actually sits higher than the Civic or the cabin is a lot taller, but it feels more 'lifted' than the Civic was.

As far as ride comfort, the Rex wins that hands down. The Civic was very, very stiff but in a sporty, fun way. I will be dropping on some Cobb or STi Pinks here in the next week or so hopefully with the revamped dampers in the 2009's, I will get what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm pretty aware. Not so much concerned about the springs as I am about the dampers. I'm looking for a lower drop. The Cobb or Pinks should enable a slight drop even if the rates are slightly lower. The dampers are retooled for the better in 09 and that's what matters to me.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty aware. Not so much concerned about the springs as I am about the dampers. I'm looking for a lower drop. The Cobb or Pinks should enable a slight drop even if the rates are slightly lower. The dampers are retooled for the better in 09 and that's what matters to me.
both of them have a much lower rate than the 09. They were both roughly 20% stiffer than OE 08 WRX springs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking for a more aggressive stance and feel. I highly doubt they are going to release anything for the 09 that will be any stiffer than stock.

Advice?

·
Registered
239 Posts
My Whiteline springs (from their data) are 36% front (38N/mm) 44 % rear (35N/mm) harder than stock. I guess you could go full coil overs? For info I've had no issues with my stock shocks (although many have) and it is my daily drive.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had an 02 Si before, not as nice as the new 08 (not really even the same car, the new Si is AMAZING), but even my 02 was stiff...

Sways might be a better upgrade for 'corner feel' and understeer, but not for 'stiffness'. I cannot say for sure as I have not done this. Check out the suspension forum.

I love the way the car drives (also have an 09), I find it just the right amount of stiffness. Not in your face, but not afraid to let you push on it. Just feel it out, this is a very different car from an Si in many ways. Let alone suspension wise...keep us posted!

BTW, the SWP is beautiful. That was another color I would have really liked.

joneSi

edited for crappy spelling, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts