Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, as an update, I will be dropping off my car for R&D with Cobb as soon as I get the word.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Well, as an update, I will be dropping off my car for R&D with Cobb as soon as I get the word.
Might as well get some extra goodies while you are at it :)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I emailed them right away and I didn't get a response :(

Will the 08 AP work on the 09, just not the maps or will it be a new unit?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I emailed them right away and I didn't get a response :(

Will the 08 AP work on the 09, just not the maps or will it be a new unit?
I emailed them about it because I wasn't 100% regardless that the same versions of the AP generally work with multiple cars. They said all it would need is a firmware update to work with the 09's once they release the right firmware for it, which will probably come along around the same time as the maps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I'll let you know how my '09 WRX 5-door feels after I reflash with the AP I'm getting later this week. Yep, I'm one of the lucky bastards who's getting an AP preloaded with Stage 1 and 2 maps from Surgeline Tuning. ;D

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I contacted them as well...but you still have to pay $695 for it...you get a $50 refund at first, then a $100 refund if you do a dyno test and send them plots.

AP on ebay with 25% cashback is ony $521 if you can wait :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
do any of you have any idea when the updated firmware and the new maps are going to be officially released?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These maps are a beta for the 2009. They are not tuned from Cobb. Surgeline is doing their own maps if I understand correctly - it's possible they are doing them for Cobb.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
In a post on NASIOC, Surgline said they were a Cobb Premier tuning facility, whatever that means. Besides, I don't think Cobb does their own tuning given that they are at elevation I believe, and they were only requesting cars for testing that were at sea level, so it seems like they probably have at least a few different shops that do work for them around the country.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cobb is in Salt Lake City.

Cobb just opened a shop in Plano, TX which is only about 450ft above sea level. When I talked with John from Cobb, he mentioned that they may use that test facility for dyno's. When I get the AP, I will make an appointment for the dyno there.

After reading your responses, it seems they are doing all of their tuning out of the Surgeline satellite shop. Who cares where - I just want the tune!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like the 2009 Subaru AccessPort is upon us!

Doesn't look like the WRX is quite finished but I just wanted to drop the news!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Looks like the 2009 Subaru AccessPort is upon us!

Doesn't look like the WRX is quite finished but I just wanted to drop the news!
Its already on COBBS website but looks like the part numbers are the same. Hope the tunes have been updated. Geez, they better be updated because of the huge differences.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yeah...same AP, just different maps that they said will come soon according to the press release

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts