Subaru WRX Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
wow great numbers! very impressive for stock tranny. Didn't know it would hold all that power. Let us know the mileage when you stock clutch gives way. ;D

The honest answer is I just flat out didn't want to uninstall my intake manifold. I watched a Buddy of mine have some issues upon re-install and I didn't want to deal with a boost leak.
O its a mother Fing PAIN IN the A**!!!!!! haha

ive seen 2 or 3 guys running ACT HD clutchs that drag race with 400TQ on stock tranny and all is well.

"At the moment I have a set of ISC coils with 2 spring setups(10k/8k & 8k/6k) along with a Grimmspeed MCB waiting to be installed.

Come the 1st of the month I plan on ordering the following parts:
SS brake lines
HP+ pads
upgraded brake fluid
h6 rear conversion (maybe?)
strut tower bar
sway bars
subframe lock down
anti-lift kit
roll center adjustment
front subframe brace
steering rack bushings"

400WHP on stock brakes and suspension!!! Get those brakes on there, crazy!!!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Wait, stock block? No kidding...good to see the PW TMIC doing WORK. How is the transmission holding up? And isn't 4th gear closer to 1:1?
The PW is a beast. Wasn't happy when my CC statement came and I paid FMIC money for a TMIC but after seeing the quality of the piece and the performance, I'm glad I didn't purchase anything else!

As for ratio's, I was always under the impression that the wrx uses 3rd for a dyno pull and the STI uses 4th but I don't pretend to know everything.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
wow great numbers! very impressive for stock tranny. Didn't know it would hold all that power. Let us know the mileage when you stock clutch gives way. ;D
Haha, neither did I but "pleasantly surprised" would be an understatement!

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. If the clutch does go, I'll replace it with another stocker unless I go built 5spd. Would rather have my clutch be my weak point than my gears.....

Discussion starter · #28 ·
The honest answer is I just flat out didn't want to uninstall my intake manifold. I watched a Buddy of mine have some issues upon re-install and I didn't want to deal with a boost leak.
O its a mother Fing PAIN IN the A**!!!!!!
Haha

Tell me about it! We had to do it twice since the 1st time on re-install the the manifold didnt seal properly on the TGV's :mad:

Discussion starter · #29 ·
"At the moment I have a set of ISC coils with 2 spring setups(10k/8k & 8k/6k) along with a Grimmspeed MCB waiting to be installed.

Come the 1st of the month I plan on ordering the following parts:
SS brake lines
HP+ pads
upgraded brake fluid
h6 rear conversion (maybe?)
strut tower bar
sway bars
subframe lock down
anti-lift kit
roll center adjustment
front subframe brace
steering rack bushings"

Haha, thankfully the weather in upstate NY is terrible so its been making me drive the car pretty gingerly for the most part. I'm trying to convince myself that the MCB, SS lines and HP+ pads is all I need instead of splurging for Brembo's. I just love the braking feel in my buddy's STI....But Dave says all I need is the pads and lines and I think he knows a bit more than I do. lol

Wait, stock block? No kidding...good to see the PW TMIC doing WORK. How is the transmission holding up? And isn't 4th gear closer to 1:1?
As for ratio's, I was always under the impression that the wrx uses 3rd for a dyno pull and the STI uses 4th but I don't pretend to know everything.
Could be right, I just know with last my car (Volvo), a 5-speed, it was 4th. I can't believe stock block still, very interested to see how long it lasts!

This is a pretty bad statement and has nothing to do with one another. Just because a car has a lot of power doesnt mean it can't stop. in fact the 09 stops 10 feet or more sooner then the 08 with the same brakes and suspension. The only thing changed was the tires. If I had 1000wph doing 80 on the highway and needed to stop, my 80-0 wouldn't be any different then an aftermarket setup. Doing above 80 is just stupid and what happens is deserved.

Above 80 on a race track however is different due to the longer time frame the brakes are engaged to the rotors from say 120-0 vs 80-0. Also for long periods of time doing many laps. That's when brake fad sets in and OEM parts start failing but this can be seen on a OEM 2.5i with 170 crank horse power.

For the most of us who drive smart no upgraded braking is needed know matter how much power you have unless you race where you should.

I am trying to wrap my head around the reason for a 1.15 Correction Factor. It would literally need to be 150 degrees in the bay to warrant a correction factor that high at sea level.

We use a 1.15 CF but we are at 5400 feet asl. Actually the STP correction for us is about 23% most of the time.

1.15 is overly generous, almost like a Dynojet Correction Factor to make your results look like a dynojet.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I am trying to wrap my head around the reason for a 1.15 Correction Factor. It would literally need to be 150 degrees in the bay to warrant a correction factor that high at sea level.

We use a 1.15 CF but we are at 5400 feet asl. Actually the STP correction for us is about 23% most of the time.

1.15 is overly generous, almost like a Dynojet Correction Factor to make your results look like a dynojet.

More than welcome to take the correction factor out if you like. It's pretty easy math....Like I said, plan on getting Juan to make me an airboy soon and when it gets hotter we'll take it to the track to get some trap speeds for you guys.

I'll say it for you. Numbers are only numbers...but I thought we came to that conclusion 9+ years ago :)

P.S. base line for an sti on this specific dyno is 240 so I don't think they've very overly inflated at all but you are more than welcome to disagree

This is a pretty bad statement and has nothing to do with one another. Just because a car has a lot of power doesnt mean it can't stop. in fact the 09 stops 10 feet or more sooner then the 08 with the same brakes and suspension. The only thing changed was the tires. If I had 1000wph doing 80 on the highway and needed to stop, my 80-0 wouldn't be any different then an aftermarket setup. Doing above 80 is just stupid and what happens is deserved.

Above 80 on a race track however is different due to the longer time frame the brakes are engaged to the rotors from say 120-0 vs 80-0. Also for long periods of time doing many laps. That's when brake fad sets in and OEM parts start failing but this can be seen on a OEM 2.5i with 170 crank horse power.

For the most of us who drive smart no upgraded braking is needed know matter how much power you have unless you race where you should.
:yawn: what boring reasoning.

Who runs the speed limit with 400WHP? If you say you do, you lie.

Who runs the speed limit with 400WHP? If you say you do, you lie.
so when u say who drives the speed limit with 400 whp r u talking about when i radar detector is going off or on the back country roads where i cant hurt anyone other then myself ;) lol.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.