Grimmspeed EBCS
Crucial PnPnC'd exhaust manifolds
PnP'd throttle body
Walbro 255
All vacuum lines were replaced with gates tubing and fuel injector clamps

Suspension Modifications: Epic Engineering lowering springs
Other Modifications:
Kartboy SS

Let me start off by thanking my two best friends Ian (rexworx on NASIOC) and Brendan (R L Newb on NASIOC) for everything my car has become today. Without these two, the car would be bone stock and I still wouldn't even know how to change my own oil.

I'd also like to further thank Ian (rexworx) since he did all my PnP work along with some other fab work. His quality and attention to detail is second to none. He legitimately treated anything having to do with my car better than his own and if you knew him, you would know that really means something......

Well I'm at it, I'd also like to further thank Brendan (R L Newb) for being a good sport about fully installing a BNR 20G on my car only to find out 2 days later it was coming out and the FP 20G was taking its place.

Again, thank you both of you. You have become my 2 best friends and given me the car I always dreamed of.

Last but certainly not least, I would like to give a huge thank you to Dave Brown @ MSPT. In my eyes, hes second to no one. He will be the one and only tuner I have for life. He literally put up with months of questions and multiple base maps. He's all about: keeping it simple, keeping it reliable, and educating you about every single thing he's doing to your car and why. Thanks again Dave. You Rock!!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
1.15 correction factor? Those numbers just seem high for a 20G on 93 pump, not E85 or meth. But it looks like a great power curve nonetheless!

#4 ·
Yeap, 1.15 CF. Couldn't believe it myself :D That being said I went to "Mexico" right after the tune with a buddy that has 2010 STI with a FP Green and supporting mods that's putting down 423whp and 444wtq and I stayed right with him whole time so I feel like my numbers really aren't inflated at all :)

#6 ·
ThosE are awesome numbers. Do you have any further plans for it power or suspension wise?

#9 ·
At the moment I have a set of ISC coils with 2 spring setups(10k/8k & 8k/6k) along with a Grimmspeed MCB waiting to be installed.

Come the 1st of the month I plan on ordering the following parts:
SS brake lines
HP+ pads
upgraded brake fluid
h6 rear conversion (maybe?)
strut tower bar
sway bars
subframe lock down
anti-lift kit
roll center adjustment
front subframe brace
steering rack bushings

#16 ·
im sure you would have listed it if you had it but i just wanna make sure. also keep us posted, lotta power on them OEM pistons.

stock fuel lines/rails/FPR?
stock clutch and flywheel?
stock TGV's?
why do the throttle body?
why not do the TGV's? there the choke point now making the TB almost pointless.

nice numbers anywho. i would like to see uncorrected or a lower correction. the 240WHP though seems on par with most other dyno's give or take 5-10hp.

#17 ·
im sure you would have listed it if you had it but i just wanna make sure. also keep us posted, lotta power on them OEM pistons.

stock fuel lines/rails/FPR?
stock clutch and flywheel?
stock TGV's?
why do the throttle body?
why not do the TGV's? there the choke point now making the TB almost pointless.

nice numbers anywho. i would like to see uncorrected or a lower correction. the 240WHP though seems on par with most other dyno's give or take 5-10hp.
Stock everything you mentioned above.....

The throttle body was because my best friend is my professional PnP guy and while the the TMIC was off he pretty much said "might as well do it as we're right here..."

As for why didn't I didn't I do TGV's? The honest answer is I just flat out didn't want to uninstall my intake manifold. I watched a Buddy of mine have some issues upon re-install and I didn't want to deal with a boost leak. I'm thinking of possibly doing it next winter when I wouldn't mind having the car laid up for a little while but we'll see.

#26 ·
The PW is a beast. Wasn't happy when my CC statement came and I paid FMIC money for a TMIC but after seeing the quality of the piece and the performance, I'm glad I didn't purchase anything else!

As for ratio's, I was always under the impression that the wrx uses 3rd for a dyno pull and the STI uses 4th but I don't pretend to know everything.

#21 ·
wow great numbers! very impressive for stock tranny. Didn't know it would hold all that power. Let us know the mileage when you stock clutch gives way. ;D

#27 ·
Haha, neither did I but "pleasantly surprised" would be an understatement!

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. If the clutch does go, I'll replace it with another stocker unless I go built 5spd. Would rather have my clutch be my weak point than my gears.....

#23 ·
ive seen 2 or 3 guys running ACT HD clutchs that drag race with 400TQ on stock tranny and all is well.

#24 ·
"At the moment I have a set of ISC coils with 2 spring setups(10k/8k & 8k/6k) along with a Grimmspeed MCB waiting to be installed.

Come the 1st of the month I plan on ordering the following parts:
SS brake lines
HP+ pads
upgraded brake fluid
h6 rear conversion (maybe?)
strut tower bar
sway bars
subframe lock down
anti-lift kit
roll center adjustment
front subframe brace
steering rack bushings"

400WHP on stock brakes and suspension!!! Get those brakes on there, crazy!!!

#29 ·
Haha, thankfully the weather in upstate NY is terrible so its been making me drive the car pretty gingerly for the most part. I'm trying to convince myself that the MCB, SS lines and HP+ pads is all I need instead of splurging for Brembo's. I just love the braking feel in my buddy's STI....But Dave says all I need is the pads and lines and I think he knows a bit more than I do. lol

#36 ·
I am trying to wrap my head around the reason for a 1.15 Correction Factor. It would literally need to be 150 degrees in the bay to warrant a correction factor that high at sea level.

We use a 1.15 CF but we are at 5400 feet asl. Actually the STP correction for us is about 23% most of the time.

1.15 is overly generous, almost like a Dynojet Correction Factor to make your results look like a dynojet.

#37 ·
I am trying to wrap my head around the reason for a 1.15 Correction Factor. It would literally need to be 150 degrees in the bay to warrant a correction factor that high at sea level.

We use a 1.15 CF but we are at 5400 feet asl. Actually the STP correction for us is about 23% most of the time.

1.15 is overly generous, almost like a Dynojet Correction Factor to make your results look like a dynojet.

More than welcome to take the correction factor out if you like. It's pretty easy math....Like I said, plan on getting Juan to make me an airboy soon and when it gets hotter we'll take it to the track to get some trap speeds for you guys.

I'll say it for you. Numbers are only numbers...but I thought we came to that conclusion 9+ years ago :)

P.S. base line for an sti on this specific dyno is 240 so I don't think they've very overly inflated at all but you are more than welcome to disagree

#44 ·
The issue with power and braking is that in general people don't accelerate until a certain speed, they accelerate for a certain amount of time. Nobody wants to let off the gas 1 second after getting on it, so in general you tend to stay on the gas for 3-5 seconds at a time I would estimate. But when you make way more power, this same period of acceleration gets you up to much higher speeds. So then you need to get back down to normal speeds, usually somewhat quickly. I don't know about you, but when I make a blast up to 100 I usually BRAKE back to 60 as I'm not real interested in hanging out in the "ticket me" range of speeds any longer than I "have" to. And of course if you are braking from 100 to 60 repeatedly versus 75 to 60 you are going to tax the brakes a lot more.

#45 ·
Agree with hiboost.
With the speeds you can acheive with anything over 300WHP, you want an "insurance policy" in at least better pads, lines and fluid.
It's a safety thing. And don't tell me in a stock 08 (even with the same tires) you could outbrake me with HPS pads, SS lines and new fluid from 120. There is no way in hell.
I was just sending a jesting stab, no harm intended.

#46 ·
Wow this thread has gone awry...

OP Nice numbers. Posting baseline would be even better. Congrats on hitting 400whp and on snow tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.