Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post on here! As the title says I'm having some issues in the 3rd & 4th gear only when going WOT after 3k-ish RPM of course. I know that the engine in our cars isn't really made for top end power, but on my 2011 WRX it seems like everything is gone after 4k-4.5k RPM on 3rd & 4th gear. 1st & 2nd gear pull just fine, even at 5k RPM is still rises somewhat linearly. I thought maybe it was boost related, so I checked what my readings were on Torque using an OBD2 adapter, and it seems fine. So now I'm thinking maybe it's the clutch? Every gear shifts pretty smooth, and like I said the first 2 gears pull just fine at high RPM, so why would only the 3rd and 4th do it? Could it just be the stock tune being weird?
Car is all stock except for a muffler delete and Jpipe, still has the cat. It has 104k miles and everything is original. Unfortunately I don't have an AP to record good logs, just the Torque app. If you need any additional details, feel free to ask :)

I read countless forum posts and a whole bunch of stuff before getting this car, but I'm still pretty much a noob lol Also english is my second language, so sorry if I don't use proper terminology.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts