81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Dealer had my car for two weeks didnt find shit

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ya it's gotta be electrical.. Mine did it bad this morning, it was colder out so maybe that had something to do with it.

Let us know what you find. I don't know what I should do anymore, part out my car and sell my parts and get a different Subaru? Any suggestions would be cool.
I would cross out the get another subaru part lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
Weird. Im over it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. Any fresh eyes want to take a gander and see what they think? As for my car work performed has been:
1. New Thermostat
2. New Coolant Temp sensor/sender
3. Multiple Coolant flushes
4. 30k service

Car has done thia before i went stage 1 at around 17k

Headgaskets appear to be fine as car pulls like normal and has normal power. No leaks as coolant res are both at optimal fill points. No air bubbles.

So perhaps an electrical issue. The gauge wouldnt have any actual bearing on how the car drives so im ruling that out. Perhaps a harness/wire/ecu issue?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I noticed on your list there was nothing mentioned about temperature sending unit. Was that tested / checked ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I believe it was, im at work so i dont have any of the service papers in front of me. Frustrating. Rekindled the fire on nasioc as well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Bought the first one available in the area around me. It was the only one. Body, color, trim, so i went with it lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead. Any fresh eyes want to take a gander and see what they think? As for my car work performed has been:
1. New Thermostat
2. New Coolant Temp sensor/sender
3. Multiple Coolant flushes
4. 30k service

Car has done thia before i went stage 1 at around 17k

Headgaskets appear to be fine as car pulls like normal and has normal power. No leaks as coolant res are both at optimal fill points. No air bubbles.

So perhaps an electrical issue. The gauge wouldnt have any actual bearing on how the car drives so im ruling that out. Perhaps a harness/wire/ecu issue?
did u get the reflash at the dealer? I was told that the reflash was for something about how the ecu communicated with the cooling system.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just called my dealer. My service manager (such a boss) said hes willing to entertain the thought and will do it for me sometime in the next week. He said hes unsure and theyve accomodated me in every which fashion under warranty so we'll see how it goes. Should be fun with all the parts on it. Might be in trouble if they have to drive it at all lol i believe its the wqc-39 ecm reprogram correct?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jason, do you think my car would be fine to IDLE and NOT drive with the mods i have installed. I asked him if it could be done sooner cause its just a reflash and he said no it will take longer thats when it clicked... just with the intake and ebcs alone it cant be driven. So my thoughts are either:

A.) It can get reflashed and idle till the ecu gets its bearings straight (no pun intended)
Or
B.) It wont need to be run and can be reflashed to my AP right away with the new communications logic
Or
C.) Im boned and should probably go kill myself

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I ran mine with 1000cc, 73mm intake, fmic etc... and drove it for 80 miles or so to go get tuned because the tuner forgot to send me a limp map....just stay out of boost

·
Registered
404 Posts
Good to know. Although the more im reading all im seeing is that the update changes the idling logic to warm it up for emmisions testing more efficientlt. That and the parameters for it setting off a thermo related check engine light. In starting to really hate this car. I cant for the life of me figure out why the ecu would perceive the coolant temperature bouncing 20-50 degrees and run richer from time to time. Makes NO sense.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just called my dealer. My service manager (such a boss) said hes willing to entertain the thought and will do it for me sometime in the next week. He said hes unsure and theyve accomodated me in every which fashion under warranty so we'll see how it goes. Should be fun with all the parts on it. Might be in trouble if they have to drive it at all lol i believe its the wqc-39 ecm reprogram correct?
yeah thats what I was taliking about. ur right with all ur mods I hope that doesnt create a issue. Im not exactly sure what it does they just told me it had to do with the cooling system so I thought it was worth relaying the message to u so u could look in to it. hope ur able to get what ever it is fixed. dont give up on the rex!

·
Registered
404 Posts
So as an update, i went to Eric's stage 3 on friday. I installed an FMS tmic, dw65c, gs ebcs, and avo inlet. Completely besides the point of the hardware upgrades (though ill answer any questions) the change in tunes have seemed to nullified my symptoms. Altogether my cars behavior is vastly different from before. In the few days ive been tp stage 3 ive noticed:

- Car warms up quicker
- temperature stays consistent
- temperature doesnt rise as high
- doesnt run as richly as before
- cold start is quieter
- exhaust is quiter to an extent

My problem has yet to resurface and its been a daily occurence for a long time now before stage 3. Perhaps my car is unique to other 11's but it seems my problem was in the tune.

·
Registered
404 Posts
To be honest ill probably never know. Its probably just some quirk unique to some of the '11s with tuning. After so long i dont really care why its gone but just that it is. On another note im kinda depressed cause ive noticed since the tune i cant hear the spool through the exhaust as well anymore :'( lmao

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did this issue ever resurface for you?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Your lucky I happened to come back after so long to check the for sale threads, otherwise id never have seen this haha. After going to TP stage 3 ive never had an issue since. The issue seemed to lie somewhere in my tp stage 2 tune but I was never able to confirm how or why.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts