Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got three runs in this morning at Great Lakes Dragaway in Wisconsin. Temperature was 52F according to my car and that track's elevation is 626 ft ASL, I believe. I still can't launch well and I bring shame to the AWD community, but I managed a best of 13.47 @ 100.72 MPH. After a crappy best of 14.1 @ 96 MPH at Route 66 Raceway, I had much better runs at GLD. I ran a 13.4, 13.6, and 13.5 and oddly enough, my best run was with T/C on since I forgot to turn it off. My first two launches were at 5K but was mashing the gas too much and ended up spinning the tires (especially with T/C off). Even launching at ~4000 RPM on my last run spun my tires. With a good launch, I think 13.2 is doable...no weight reduction either.
Edit: I'm on the right

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm currently running the same map, so is my buddy who pulled down a 13.24 about a month ago. I've been seeing the best results when LC is set to 4500-4600 rpms, you have to feather the clutch instead of just dropping it. Also our average trap speed was about 103 mph. So with a good launch and good shifting down the track you should easily hit a 13.1-13.2. Good luck & keep us updated on any new times!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts