Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy to the sight. Done searches on here and a lot of reading and my first post I need help as I’m at a dead end.

So I bought a 2012 WRX hatchback wagon last fall. Car is clean and rust free (bonus for Wisconsin) as the car came out of Texas. It had a locked up motor. Previous owner (my neighbor) originally bought it for his kid. All they do is car stuff. Anyways they bought a totaled (rear ended passenger side) 2013. Same options on both cars and swapped the whole drive train over to the 2012. Cars where also within 1500 miles of each other as well. After the swap they got a engine code saying the camshaft/crankshaft sensor was bad and replaced it on bank one.

CEL, traction control and cruise light still comes on.

I bought the car….had the sensor replaced again. Same thing happens. It can come in with in 10 minutes of clearing the code or this last time I drove the car for 120 miles before it came on.

Car has at times a erratic idle and like a hiccup/surge to it. Doesn’t quite running, doesn’t leave you stranded etc…gets normal gas mileage etc….

I’ve taken it to two different shops and one that specializes in Subaru and performance WRX type cars.

Car is clean and I like the way it handles and drives and don’t want to give up on it but I’m stumped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Shortbox4x4

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ve also replaced the engine harness with a brand new factory as supposedly those had issues. Same thing happens so it wasn’t the harness.

All ground wires that we know of are good and even added a couple more. As we found one disconnected when they did the engine swap that went from the block to frame. Seems like it helped but problem still is there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts