Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I installed my prosport gauges, I taped fuse# 26 (ignition) for my switch illumination power (I want them red all the time), and fuse#3 for my constant. Everything worked fine. I thought to myself, hey - why not try and hook the illumination up to Fuse# 16 (dimmer/illumination) maybe I will have constant power when the car is on and I can even dim the gauges with my cluster now.. well.. When I moved my tap from 26 to 16 i tried it and it did not work the way I wanted so I put it back to 26.

Now, when the car is off and the door is open the gauge cluster makes a loud beeping sound and does not light up, but everything else in the car does like it should. when you turn the car into accessories mode, or even turn it over everything works like it should. its only when the car is off that everything is messed up. I checked the fuses under the dash (not the hood yet) and nothing was blow on 16 or 26 or 3..

Here is the video, this is bugging the crap out of me, and I have no idea why doing what I did cause this issue.

sorry for the poor quality my phone would not focus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is wrong with the gauges....... its my cluster. If your thinking I am refering to my oil temp gauge flashing, thats because I have not hooked up the sender yet. I am talking about the fact that my cluster does not light up when the car is off and my lights are on. My radio, steering wheel buttons, dimmer switch, HVAC, and traction control button all light up - but not the cluster. however when I open the door the rings light up like they should (with the key out of the ignition).

The only reason i mentiond the gauges is because I moved my ilumination lead to the dimer fuse from the ignition fuse. when i did that thats when I noticed this issue. I put everything back the way it is in the vid. but when i was experimenting with how I wanted to wire the guages I ran into this issue.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol no no, its fine. I wasnt very clear in my post. I figured the video would speak for its self. no worries

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm confused. Isn't that normal behavior?

The beep is your car telling you your lights are on and/or your key is in I think.

-SJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ yes I beleive your right, but I do not recal the "beep" sounding like this thats why it caught my attention. However, if you notice while it is beeping the cluster is not lit up but everything else is. that is the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope.. still have the issue, just learned to deal with it i guess. Haven't driven since August so that's probably why I forgot all about this till you bumped the thread and I got an email lol. thanks for the bump tho :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts