Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is looking at buying a 12 wrx hatchback. Is there anything I should be looking at when going to test drive it? Any common problems with these cars? The dealer says it has a aftermarket exhaust and intake on it. He's not sure but thinks it has a stiffer clutch too. Also the head gaskets and studs were recently replaced.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this a used lot dealer or a subaru dealer? I would ask if they can check to see if the computer was ever flashed with an access port. If this car had an accessport and their computers were reprogrammed to perform more aggressive than stock. Common issues with some subaru's with mileage between 70k-90k would be replacing/repairing things like power steering pump, radiator cracks, spark plug replacment, and probably clutch replacement. Since it is a wrx and not an sti, i would recommend taking it to a third party mechanic to check the transmission since wrx transmissions arent build like wrx sti's but are commonly driven just as hard. Check to make sure the exhaust and intake are legal in your state. CA has some pretty strict laws about exhausts at the moment and anything other than stock will lead to a hassle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts