a) Stock
b) Rotella T6 5w-40 motor oil [ x ]
c) Invidia N1 race catback exhaust [ x ]

Drivetrain:
a) Group N transmission mount [ x ]
b) Whiteline positive shift kit [ x ]
c) Whiteline diff positive power kit [ x ]

Suspension:
a) Feal 441 coil overs running 550lb swift springs in front and 650lb swift springs in rear [ x ]

Brakes:
a) High temperature track pads
b) High temperature brake fluid
c) Wilwood front BBK [ x ]

Wheels and tires:
a) Stock rims and stock tires; set of Hankook RS3's on the way!

Interior:
a) Gutted while keeping car functional; a/c, radio, air bags
b) Planted seat base for driver side [ x ]
c) Sparco sprint 5 for driver side [ x ]

Exterior:
a) Cusco carbon fiber short antenna [ x ]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, and thank you. Anyone have a link to some pure metal motor mounts? Is Msi mounts my best bet? What about transmission mount? What would be just the most race available?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Beatrush poly mounts.

You can mount their 6-spd trans on the 5-spd, I have it, fantastic. I plan to go with their motor mounts as well -- Cusco may have a set a bit harder, but I don't think you can get much harder than Beat's poly aside from solid mounts -- which suck for DD.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next round of upcoming mods for the summer!

1. Whiteline positive shift kit
2. Whiteline rear diff power kit
3. Beatrush pitch stop mount
4. Group N engine and transmission mount
5. Kartboy rear and shifter bushings
6. Stoptech front and rear stainless steel brake lines

·
Registered
714 Posts
You'll dig on that list and all are pretty easy installs. Loved the pos-shift kit with shifter bushings and trans mount. feels like the bolt action on a big rifle. I have all but the pitch stop and engine mounts, car feels more connected for sure. A little more NVH but, this isn't an Outback....that one's my wife's!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered the whiteline tranny/diff bushings along with the group N tranny mount, I through in a cusco short antenna for free shipping (lol).

Does any one have any opinions on next mods? Aesthetic or performance based?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
DD? looks like your making a track monster! Good start so far I say. If you're pretty serious about all the mods, look into monkiboys build thread. It's quite a sight to behold. Either way good start and keep us posted! And also you might want to reconsider the AP. Unless you know a killer tuner that will only tune with an AP, open source and custom tune sounds like a future you might like better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some mods came today!

Drivetrain mods and an antenna (bought it to be eligible for free shipping) [first mod down to the car for aesthetics, lol.]

Pictures of this little antenna.

·
Registered
300 Posts
why the fuck are you running so much camber on stock wheels

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
No wonder my Cusco antenna doesn't fit. . .2011+ has a different antenna base?

And, Group N. . .meh.
Maybe, who knows, I just got it for free shipping, I am not really about aesthetics, just function.

why the fuck are you running so much camber on stock wheels
Google search bro.. I will be running -2.5 in the rear when I get my new GTspec arms mayng.

Becausestreetcar..
haha- what? Clarify

·
Registered
300 Posts
Maybe, who knows, I just got it for free shipping, I am not really about aesthetics, just function.

Google search bro.. I will be running -2.5 in the rear when I get my new GTspec arms mayng.

haha- what? Clarify
What will a google search do me? Your saying your so low that your running that much natural camber? I find that hard to believe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Google what and why someone would run the negative camber that I do because you were very abrasive in asking, " why the F do you run -3.5 camber. "

I am not saying I am so low that I am running that much natural camber. I am not into having my car slammed. I am into performance not show. AND natural camber as you brought it up would be unequal from left to right. My rear camber is unequal since there is no adjustability. Hence why I will be buying camber adjustable lateral arms. So a car that is slammed without having an alignment would have a natural camber of a high - number like my setup but one side would be off. It must be aligned to be equal. Equal is good!

I am function over form, impractical over practical, performance over luxury! My negative camber is a performance enhancement not an aesthetic.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Google what and why someone would run the negative camber that I do because you were very abrasive in asking, " why the F do you run -3.5 camber. "

I am not saying I am so low that I am running that much natural camber. I am not into having my car slammed. I am into performance not show. AND natural camber as you brought it up would be unequal from left to right. My rear camber is unequal since there is no adjustability. Hence why I will be buying camber adjustable lateral arms. So a car that is slammed without having an alignment would have a natural camber of a high - number like my setup but one side would be off. It must be aligned to be equal. Equal is good!

I am function over form, impractical over practical, performance over luxury! My negative camber is a performance enhancement not an aesthetic.

Hate to burst your bubble but you aren't making any performance benefits by running that much camber. Your only stressing out your suspension if you plan on tracking it like that. -1.5-2 is one thing but -3.5 is form>function territory.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hate to burst your bubble but you aren't making any performance benefits by running that much camber. Your only stressing out your suspension if you plan on tracking it like that. -1.5-2 is one thing but -3.5 is form>function territory.
Lol. You are very entertaining! I googled for you since you are too lazy to do any research on your own. I love these cars and cars in general. If I have to take 1 minute out of my life to inform someone that is misinformed for the sake of cars as a whole then so be it.

Tuning For The Track - Suspension Tuning - Tech - Modified Magazine

This is one article of thousands. -3.5 front is function > form :police:.
With cars there is never an end all say all. There are benefits for different camber settings. Different track different settings. I am just leaving it on -3.5 for maximum turn in grip. Once again the thing I love about this platform is all of the grip. I think the grip property is special, so my camber just accentuates that property!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Group N trans mount is on as well as the whiteline positive shift kit. Wow, feels like it should have felt from the factory. Feels so well built and beefy.

I just ordered my Invidia N1 Race catback! It should be here tomorrow. I will throw up a picture of it in the box, then a picture of it installed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts