Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need clarification on this concern of mine.

I do not have an STI, I have a 2013 WRX (hatch). My concern is can my WRX be a beast on the street still?

I really want to make the handling be the best thing about MY WRX. I want it to be all about suspension. I will want to do full bolt ons on my WRX motor and try and get some high dyno numbers but for now I am focusing all on suspension.

If I order one of every upgrade on rallysport under the suspension category I should have a potent handling vehicle. I have coils, no sways, caster adjustable lateral arms, and many other suspension mods.

I do not have the most important thing yet, summer tires w/ big fat rim. 18x9.5 or 18x10. But that is neither here nor there.

I don't have a diff like the STI, what does that mean for me?Can the handling of a WRX like mine be so beyond every car on the road if I am on a super sticky tire, fat rim, and full suspension and bushing upgrade along with full mounts [engine/tranny]? I have no way to know what this is like, does anyone have any of this done to there WRX's? I guess I wish I knew what my car would really be like with the mods I listed. I have no way of knowing till i bolt them on but I must ask how significant would the feel and improvement be in handling with the mods that I have listed be over stock ride?

The bottom of the line question is I do not have an STI but, will a full bolt on pro tuned motor and a fully aftermarket suspension with full bushings and engine/tranny mounts feel on a 2013 WRX?

Thanks a bunch,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I asked nothing about street speed racing. I do take my car to the track and to auto x events. I do not want to be in a class. I want a fully modified suspension so the car handles better than the new Porsche 911's that I have drove recently.

Back to my original question, I made a youtube video asking the question, here it is:

Maybe that will be a better medium for asking the question rather than using text.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You'll want to get in touch with a suspension guru. Don't take random input from people on the interwebs. You're going to want different setups for different events. Swaybars yes, but that'll depend on your spring rates you're running. You don't need to go 18, all that will do is bump up the cost of the tires and look better. If you track your car, why did you sell your brakes?! Trust me when I say those stock brakes will not hold up long at all on a track day. I've heard great things about Feal and their valving, but I highly doubt you're going to be able to compare your car to a Porsche 911. You're going to want to corner balance for sure and get a moderate camber setup to get used to your car then dial in more camber,caster and toe out for your track days.

All summed up, Experience (I'm not saying you're not but that's important), Confidence in your car, and correct suspension geometry as in Camber,caster and toe. Play around with these and find what you're comfortable with. A high end coil over setup with proper valving and spring rates. Sways depending on what your spring rates are. With higher spring rates I would just go with an Sti sway bar. And of course bushings.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
+1 for the Feals mention. I think you should review Monkiboy's build. He took a 08 WRX and turned it into a wicked track and dd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts