Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, and Subaru and WRX. I have a 2020 WRX Premier with the Performance package. It has the Brembo brakes and my question is this. Do the brakes have a break in period? I live in WNY and it is a daily driver but when I get in it my brakes grind like they are worn to the metal. I only have a little over a thousand miles on it and have had it a little under a month. I could see if I hadn't driven it in a week or so them making a little noise the first time I apply pressure to the break petal but this is loud and everytime. I am going back to the dealer about it tomorrow, just looking for some input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Superior stopping power means more applied friction. Byproducts are noise and dust…well worth the trade if you ask me…Over time they will smooth out a little, but the dust just keeps on coming…

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum, and Subaru and WRX. I have a 2020 WRX Premier with the Performance package. It has the Brembo brakes and my question is this. Do the brakes have a break in period? I live in WNY and it is a daily driver but when I get in it my brakes grind like they are worn to the metal. I only have a little over a thousand miles on it and have had it a little under a month. I could see if I hadn't driven it in a week or so them making a little noise the first time I apply pressure to the break petal but this is loud and everytime. I am going back to the dealer about it tomorrow, just looking for some input. View attachment 28348
Hey man. I am curious if you know anything an anything about the Brake Pads. I’m new to Subarus. I have the 2020 Series.White with STI package. The Brembo brakes you have in the picture like mine.
I’ve been all over the place buying the wrong Part Number for the brake pads.
Any chance you’ve replaced yours before? They are rather small.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man. I am curious if you know anything an anything about the Brake Pads. I’m new to Subarus. I have the 2020 Series.White with STI package. The Brembo brakes you have in the picture like mine.
I’ve been all over the place buying the wrong Part Number for the brake pads.
Any chance you’ve replaced yours before? They are rather small.

Thank you!
Also, mines a daily as well. When driving does it sound like the rear bumper is dragging? Mine was making that sound but actually screeching on the out side. My pads were worn down completely and giving me a warning I need to change them. But a thousand miles. Unless you’re riding hard, I would say break them in for a solid week. Try to work the engine more than brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts