Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , im in the process of buying a new wrx sti and want to build it to have around 800 whp , ive had V8's most my life and cant believe how expensive these are to increase the hp but have always wanted a turbo awd ,i live in Victoria and im thinking of going down the road of buying a iag 900 with stage 5 heads , ets front mount intercooler and obviously upgraded turbo , fuel pump and other bits and pieces but what I would like to know is would the transmission and running gear support that kind of power as this is my first 4clr turbo that I will be building , I have done a lot of reaserch the past 12months but have no hands on experience.... cheers.. wolly

·
Registered
6 Posts
I watched a guy build a short block capable of over 500 hp. He stroked it, had heads ported, had block deck planed, crank journal's bored and trued. All parts, pistons, rods, valves, springs, were cryo treated and also coated with a very sophisticated anti friction coating. Heavier duty wrist pins etc.

Finally, I found the YouTube video. It’s about 50 minutes long but covers a lot of ground. Enjoy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys , im in the process of buying a new wrx sti and want to build it to have around 800 whp , ive had V8's most my life and cant believe how expensive these are to increase the hp but have always wanted a turbo awd ,i live in Victoria and im thinking of going down the road of buying a iag 900 with stage 5 heads , ets front mount intercooler and obviously upgraded turbo , fuel pump and other bits and pieces but what I would like to know is would the transmission and running gear support that kind of power as this is my first 4clr turbo that I will be building , I have done a lot of reaserch the past 12months but have no hands on experience.... cheers.. wolly
It’s WAY cheaper to build one of these cars then a v8 you have a lot to learn your trans is pretty much bullet proof I know personally multiple as in more then 3 that have 760 or more hp on the stock trans the trans is not your weak point besides getting a closed deck block and new heads uour going to need new Axels new shaft diff braces front lower control arm braces pitch stop motor trans mounts control arms toe arms trailing arms sub frame lock down and braces to everything else and you’ll be able to beat the piss out of that 800 whp sti ans not think twice about anything under there I’m 200 who less then that and I already braced replaced and locked everything in and I can’t explain how it feels when I turn I could go 60 and turn on a city crest Corner and not ebreak not to mention you’ll be able to launch at 70000 rpms and boogie bc of the awd and dccd aystem I drive at 595 whp and 6000k rpm launch and only thing I ever did to the trans was clutch and oem fly wheel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts