Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it require tgv deletes to run?
how do you know when tgv are needed with what turbo you choose? and is there a DIY on tgv delete install?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
That turbo has a 2.4" inlet option, which means you could run the stock inlet. Most 3" inlets will require deletes. Most people do TGVs not out of necessity, but because they think they will gain spool/power. While that may be true, the cost to performance ratio is rather low IMO, and your upgrade funds are better spent elsewhere.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nope, it will fit with the TGV's in place. I installed it like that in my car originally (with the stock inlet).

When I swapped the motor I installed an AMR inlet and did TGV deletes just because I had it all apart.

But you DO need to remove the air pump system in order for it to fit. The compressor housing hits a hardline if you don't remove it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you elaborate? or is there a DIY? is it difficult swapping turbos doesn't scare me, but removing intake manifold does?? a lot of nuts and bolts, and random boost hoses etc everywhere. I have a 2012 Perrin turbo inlet already on my 08 wrx stage 2... feels slow now days.. need maor powa!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my tuner said for my goal a DD street car no track or auto x nothing just spirited driving.

he said a blouch 1.5xr, but I'd rather get a 20g for 200$ less? also recommended DW 1000cc injectors for 92 octane tune? I was thinking 850's? and then recommended process west top mount due to oregons non hot weather I like it all except turbo choice and injectors.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
U can get that power out if a vf52. Or that synergy Turbo. Boost has for sale.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
But u said u only wanted 330-350 lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but I don't want the turbo struggling every day to make those numbers. need a little room so the snail isn't overly worked.

·
Registered
281 Posts
my opinion, i decided to go with a 20G because the price difference between a 30r and the 20g is a few hundred dollars, and for my HP/TQ goals i think it will be perfect. Forman performance said that the guys running 30r's are right around the same power levels as the synergy turbo unless they have a built motor and more lag. In fact there is a customer car running the Synergy turbo TD06-20g turbo on E85 putting down 417WHP on stock block,clutch and tranny. Im only shooting for 360WHP/360TQ on a 93 tune because thats what they sell at the pump here in Georgia. thats with DW750cc,DW65 pump, TD06-20g, GS EBC, perrin TMIC, Perrin Turbo Inlet, GS Up pipe with Tial 38mm EWG, COBB catted DP, Custom 3'' Catback, Perrin CAI and a protune at 21PSI. So whatever that gets me im sure it will be awesome compared to my TD04. I have all these parts and waiting for some to show up. I will keep you posted on what numbers i will be able to reach but as far as im concerned the 20G will be a monster street car which i only daily drive anyways

·
Registered
512 Posts
my opinion, i decided to go with a 20G because the price difference between a 30r and the 20g is a few hundred dollars, and for my HP/TQ goals i think it will be perfect. Forman performance said that the guys running 30r's are right around the same power levels as the synergy turbo unless they have a built motor and more lag. In fact there is a customer car running the Synergy turbo TD06-20g turbo on E85 putting down 417WHP on stock block,clutch and tranny. Im only shooting for 360WHP/360TQ on a 93 tune because thats what they sell at the pump here in Georgia. thats with DW750cc,DW65 pump, TD06-20g, GS EBC, perrin TMIC, Perrin Turbo Inlet, GS Up pipe with Tial 38mm EWG, COBB catted DP, Custom 3'' Catback, Perrin CAI and a protune at 21PSI. So whatever that gets me im sure it will be awesome compared to my TD04. I have all these parts and waiting for some to show up. I will keep you posted on what numbers i will be able to reach but as far as im concerned the 20G will be a monster street car which i only daily drive anyways

Sweet jesus.. All of that coming from a TD04. So much for foreplay with a VF52 upgrade, you want it all at once =D

Good luck with the setup, I know I was incredibly impressed once I put in my vf52. I'm sure if I made the jump to a 20g I would have went through 3 tanks of gas. The 08 lacks so much from the newer models =(

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'm happy with my vf52 and ewg setup. I'm sitting at like 330 whp and like 360-380 wtq. :) thanks to Eric.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm happy with my vf52 and ewg setup. I'm sitting at like 330 whp and like 360-380 wtq. :) thanks to Eric.

e85 im guesssing?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
No 93. Eric's tunes are sick.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
boost addict? has a 20g synergy for sale?
not anymore i just bought it yesterday :)
That kind of sucks seeing as how I have been ready with payment for the past 3 days and my PM's were simply ignored :-_-: ...
I simply dont see Jason or Vim ignoring your PMs, I have been talking to Jason about this turbo for the past 3 weeks and have had my parts list put together by them and I was just waiting for the invoice before placing my order. So no hard feelings mang

·
Registered
148 Posts
boost addict? has a 20g synergy for sale?
not anymore i just bought it yesterday :)
That kind of sucks seeing as how I have been ready with payment for the past 3 days and my PM's were simply ignored :-_-: ...
I simply dont see Jason or Vim ignoring your PMs, I have been talking to Jason about this turbo for the past 3 weeks and have had my parts list put together by them and I was just waiting for the invoice before placing my order. So no hard feelings mang
None at all. But I watched them log on several times since my PM on monday. I was ready with payment. I too had been looking at this turbo for a good month now, and have been saving the money up. Whatever, I guess I'll just have to save up more and buy one for more.

I didn't see them forgetting to ship my order too once, but that happened, and followed by promises of a full refund that never happened lol. I dropped it because I thought I came a across a "once in a blue moon" situation with them because of their good rep, but I guess I just simply have no luck with them...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts