29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: 228kw @ Wheels 2009 WRX

It's set on 18psi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: 228kw @ Wheels 2009 WRX

Does the loss on bottom end power make it a shit to drive daily?

e: Are you running 241wkw on stock internals?
ee: Just noticed you are, wow, good luck! I sincerely hope (for all our sakes) that your internals are able to last forever. I'll happily follow you to that level if you're able to! :D
eee: Last one! Do you have any audio of the ELH? I really want to get to your power level, but I really want to keep the wrx rumble. I've heard heaps of other ELH, but would love to hear yours!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes, I do miss the mid-range...

Back in May, I needed a new Inlet hose and fitted the Grimspeed air oil seperator. With the new tune its making 260kw at the wheels. I attached the dyno print out. In terms of the sound of the car, I'll upload the latest video of the quarter mile run at eastern creek a few weeks ago, hopefully this will give you an idea of the sound...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice! However, I think I'll be sticking with UEL for a while.

What's the big clunk when changing in to 2nd?

And I notice just as you're about to change gears your tacho goes past your red line. What causes that?

260 is impressive!! but on stock internals scares me, heh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It went past the redline as all 4 wheels started spinning and then I really shifted and pulled the clutch hard into 2nd...

I trust Jim and his tuning and I have been driving the car daily for the last year with these mods and not had any issues. Its really all about the good tune and supporting mods.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts