Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3" - 2.5" Adapter installed - Invidia to SPT

I installed this today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Downpipe-Exhaust-Adapter-Converter-SUBARU-IMPREZA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1318QQhashZitem130244676341QQitemZ130244676341

The ebay pic shows everything you get. It arrived from Hawaii in 4 days via USPS packed in a bubble wrap envelope. The quality of the parts seems pretty solid but it's not an engineering masterpiece or anything. Probably something any muffler shop could whip up for you. I was really careful when I installed my DP to line up the gasket and my SPT midpipe, and I thought it wasn't leaking.

I'd say it was leaking. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the adapter but I probably could have paid less for it with a little driving around. If it leaks now it's my own damn fault because everything mates up perfect.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: 3" - 2.5" Adapter installed - Invidia to SPT

i'm installing my adapter tomorrow... i just put my downpipe on friday and i think it's leaking a little

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

Thanks for the info and link!

Just ordered the same item.

So you just use the stock donut gasket on top of the adapter? This should work when mating to the SPT Exhaust, I imagine.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yah the kit comes with a flat gasket from downpipe -> adapter. You must provide the donut from adapter -> SPT CBE. The adapter has a collar to hold the donut just like the stock DP.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts

Yah the kit comes with a flat gasket from downpipe -> adapter. You must provide the donut from adapter -> SPT CBE. The adapter has a collar to hold the donut just like the stock DP.
My car has 750 miles on it.. Is it safe to say my stock donut gasket can be removed and reused?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yah I reused mine with a lot more miles. Just handle it with care when you're removing/re-installing it.

·
Registered
230 Posts

I had no problem reusing mine with about the same mileage.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

Thank you so MUCH for posting this haha... i'm def leaking a lil and am ordering this ASAP! so annoying smelling it when you get outta the car and knowning its a leak!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts