Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a GFB BOV that he bought from ralitek. He was told that it can hurt his car and now wants to buy the Perrin full recirc BOV. Should i buy his BOV off of him? Or should i go for the perrin one also?

·
Registered
51 Posts
not at all, you can do full vent and not loose power.
Hybrids are really good, one of the best IMHO well made give you a bit of noise while maintaining some recirc for EM.

·
Registered
298 Posts
you won't lose any power with a full vent, but when you let off the throttle (when the bov is venting), it can make the engine run very rich for a brief time.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Our stock BOV or Bypass valve is 50/50. It's the best way to do it so you keep the A/F ratios in check. I had a GFB Hybrid on MY02 running 50/50 and loved it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Our stock BOV or Bypass valve is 50/50. It's the best way to do it so you keep the A/F ratios in check. I had a GFB Hybrid on MY02 running 50/50 and loved it!
Not sure about yours but my blow off valve is full recirc from factory.
But yes 50/50 is fine with your EMS and as stated before a fully vented one might push it a little rich but you wouldn't be able to tell, at the most a little pop on down changes.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
If you have to hear it... IMO the lesser of evils is the 50/50

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
08 is 100% recirculating

50/50 is good

100% vent-to-atmosphere will sound cool but screw stuff up eventually, save it for your honda

·
Registered
327 Posts
If the only reason you are buying it is to get the sound...get a RalliTEK CAI. You hear the turbo spooling and the stock bypass valve sounds super sick! Sounds like it is vented to the atmosphere. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
If the only reason you are buying it is to get the sound...get a RalliTEK CAI. You hear the turbo spooling and the stock bypass valve sounds super sick! Sounds like it is vented to the atmosphere. Just my
If the only reason you are buying it is to get the sound...get a RalliTEK CAI. You hear the turbo spooling and the stock bypass valve sounds super sick! Sounds like it is vented to the atmosphere. Just my
If the only reason you are buying it is to get the sound...get a RalliTEK CAI. You hear the turbo spooling and the stock bypass valve sounds super sick! Sounds like it is vented to the atmosphere. Just my $0.02.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts