Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am a member of the Legacygt forums and have been recieving messages that there may be a need for some A-pillar gauge pods. (I also own a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT-Stage II, So I am A Subie lover ::))

I have been making gauge pods for Saturn Ion Redlines and for Subaru Legacy GT owners for awhile now (www.jcspods.com) I have made a sample single A-pillar pod for an 08-09 WRX to see what you guys think. Below are the pictures. If intersted I would supply the pod and the pillar no need to send me your pillar-you can keep it to go back to stock later down the road if you like.

I have made many of these for guys on the IWSTI.com forum-here is the link
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-vendor-announcements/179159-pillar-gauge-pod-solution-official-vendor.html

If you are interested PM me a message.l

These are made with FACTORY OEM pillars-they have a perfect fit. These are not overlays that have to be taped or screwed down. What better fit can you get then OEM.

Prices are-

Single A-pillar 52/60mm(black and tan)-$105.00 Shipped
Double A-pillar 52/60mm(black and tan)-$120.00 Shipped
Triple A-pillar 52/60mm (black and tan)-$135.00 Shipped
Send me your A-pillar Single-52/60mm(black and tan)-$75.00 Shipped
Send me your A-pillar Double-52/60mm(black and tan)$90.00 Shipped
Send me your A-pillar Triple-52/60mm (black and tan)$105.00 Shipped
Thanks for taking a look!

Top part of pillar is painted tan (above red line) and the bottom part is stock

·
Registered
706 Posts
Re: Another A-pillar gauge pod option...*pics*

I'm Sold. Can you do Tan? Do you need the OEM or is this a replacement?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This is a direct replacment using a FACTORY OEM A-pillar that has the pod molded into it. I do not need your A-pillar. Looks like the part number stamped into the back of this pillar is 94010FG010. You can keep your A-pillar for if/when you decide to go back to stock. My price includes a brand new A-piller.

I can make them in tan-and have done that for Legacy GT owners pods-but black looks better. If the concern is a matching passanger side pillar I can get you one anf paint it black to match for $45.

·
Registered
706 Posts

Last Question. What's teh turn around after purchase?

·
Registered
299 Posts

Dear nyrm,
I and many others have been looking for an A-Pillar solution like this. I have three queries:
[1] I presume that your solution comes with a harness that allows the side-airbags to deploy safely.
[2] will you be able to show us pictures of your pillar installed?
[3] would it be possible to fabricate a triple pod A-Pillar and at what price shipped?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Dear nyrm,
I and many others have been looking for an A-Pillar solution like this. I have three queries:
[1] I presume that your solution comes with a harness that allows the side-airbags to deploy safely.
[2] will you be able to show us pictures of your pillar installed?
[3] would it be possible to fabricate a triple pod A-Pillar and at what price shipped?
Many thanks.
1-I would assume that the air bag would deploy without incident because I am making these with factory OEM parts-Many Subaru Legacy GT owners had the same question-the only difference from the factory part and these are the addition of the pod or pods-which would not cause the air bag not to deploy. Hope that answers the question.
2-I do not personally own a 08-09 WRX (I own a 2007 Legacy GT) so I would need a brave soul to purchase a pod from me at a discounted rate to install and takes pictures of it installed. I may have access to a car if I can't find a person to buy a pod to install and take pictures.

3-A triple I am sure is possible-I have just not made one yet.

·
Registered
299 Posts

Dear nyrm,
Thanks for your reply. I am considering becoming your "brave soul" who will photo-document the first intall of your product on our cars. The only reason I would hesitate is because I haven't decided on which gauge manufacturer to go with, so I'd have a couple of empty pods until I make up my mind. Furthermore it will be a while before I even need the extra gauges because I'm still researching tuning. Of course none of this is your concern so, if you wish you may PM me with your suggestion for a "discount rate" for a Triple A-pillar 52mm (black).

·
Registered
408 Posts

i could def be a brave soul, and id be down for a double. located in socal by anychance? make life really easy :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

i could def be a brave soul, and id be down for a double. located in socal by anychance? make life really easy :)
If you are interested in a double I'd be happy to help you out. Hit me up. I just got some more A-pillars in so I am going to be making some more of these-just need to know what people want. Place your order if you are interested!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: A-pillar gauge pod solution...*pics*

i'd be interested in seeing what the tan looks like, not really looking to paint all my pillars black to match

other than that, they look like really good pieces 8)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

interested in a double... do you need cash before you will make them or do we pay after it's done?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

That looks great! You should buy a few pillars and have people send you their's as a core exchange. Should speed things up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

That looks great! You should buy a few pillars and have people send you their's as a core exchange. Should speed things up?
I'm up and ready to fill orders. I have parts in stock. Shoot me an e-mail or PM me. If you want to send me your pillar to save some $$ let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I have a single gauge A-pillar pod in black for sale-Will sell for $85 shipped.

·
Registered
299 Posts

I have a single gauge A-pillar pod in black for sale-Will sell for shipped.
Dear nyrm,
your solution is clearly the best option I've seen. I'd take that "single" to get my boost gauge of the dashboard. However I'm trying to learn open-source tuning and I expect to want/need a "double" or "triple" sooner or later. In the meantime you may have noticed all the desperate threads on this site looking for a solution:
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=9211.0
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=9055.0
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=8796.0
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=8860.0
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=5870.0
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=8851.0
If you could tap into their eagerness, as Joey says, you'll be making bank.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.