Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from Wikipedia.com:

On 2007-04-03, Subaru officially unveiled the next generation Impreza WRX at the 2007 New York Auto Show.

2008 Subaru Impreza hatchbackThe new base model Impreza is 50 mm shorter than its previous version but is wider and has a longer wheel base. The dashboard in the Impreza is much more open and is easier to configure. Also for the first time the windows now have frames on them to improve NVH levels and rigidity of the car.

In its home market the range comprises the 1.5 litre 15S, the 2.0 litre 20S and the 2.0 litre turbocharged S-GT. Variations are found in other markets around the world: In Australia the range at launch included three 2.0 litre models (the R, RX and RS) and a 2.5 litre turbocharged WRX.

In the United States (which is the only market that gets a sedan variant), the model lineup consists of the 2.5 litre 2.5i and Outback Sport and the 2.5 litre turbocharged WRX. The new Impreza is offered as both a 4-door sedan and 5-door hatchback. The EJ253 engine carries over from the previous generation to power the 2.5i and the EJ255 engine carries over from the previous generation (although it now uses many external engine components from the Legacy GT) to power the turbocharged WRX trim levels.

From September 2007 the Impreza range in Australia has been changed with models designated R, RX, RS and WRX. Initially only hatch models will be offered, and a sedan version will be available in 2008. The R, RX and RS all share the same engine - a new 2.0 L, with 110kW @ 6400 RPM and 196Nm @ 3200 RPM. Subaru recommend that the new engines be run on 95 RON premium unleaded fuel. Another noticeable difference from the Japanese Impreza is the removal of the "Engine Start" button from the Australian model. The iconic WRX has largely unchanged engine power output of 169kW and 320nM from its 2.5 L engine. As with previous versions, there will only be a manual version of the WRX. The weight of the car also has been lightened to just 1400KG, and gives the WRX a 0-100KM/h time of 5.8 seconds.

The latest-generation of the STi (which will be in hatchback guise only) is due to be debuted in the Tokyo Auto Show in October 2007. The release date for a U.S. launch is expected to be in March 2008.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
See i understand the whole "Ralley" reason for the STi, but why not make it in the 4dr like the original ones dammit, that all i ask

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See i understand the whole "Ralley" reason for the STi, but why not make it in the 4dr like the original ones dammit, that all i ask
guess subaru is really changing their targeted audience! but anyway, i understand what you mean, but i've grown to love the new wrx over time! so mch so that i'm waiting for mine to be delivered!

·
Registered
273 Posts
guess subaru is really changing their targeted audience! but anyway, i understand what you mean, but i've grown to love the new wrx over time! so mch so that i'm waiting for mine to be delivered!
Yah i got mine the first day they were at the lot in Washington, then drove it back to KS, let me tell 2500 miles later got it home....but there not to bad i was racing my wife 05 wagon with it and it actually keeps up with it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yah i got mine the first day they were at the lot in Washington, then drove it back to KS, let me tell 2500 miles later got it home....but there not to bad i was racing my wife 05 wagon with it and it actually keeps up with it.
Nice, i can't wait to see some photos of your new baby!

·
Registered
273 Posts
yah im workin on it havent figured out how to put them on here yet

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm kind of upset that the STi isn't going to be a sedan anymore. I guess I'm just going to have to learn to love the hatch.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The sedan is only available in the US. Subaru has altogether stop the sedan production. The only reason the sedan is available here is because people here are very anti-wagons. You go to Europe, it is almost all you see.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The sedan is only available in the US. Subaru has altogether stop the sedan production. The only reason the sedan is available here is because people here are very anti-wagons. You go to Europe, it is almost all you see.
Yah i understand that the only reason i got the Sedan was the wife has the wagon, and dropped most of the money into that, so now its time for the sedan......yes we are a WRX family.....awd or nothin......LONG LIVE THE POWER OF SUBARU!!!!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The reason that Subie went with the hatch is because it has better balance then the sedan. I guess this is the best way. HATCH!!!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
dont have to go europe, come to quebec and you will see we alway loved hatch and wagon.. there is some canadian exclusive models that US dont have like Lancer sportback and the first generation of yaris few year back

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
might I add that I wasn't very fond of hatches until I saw my baby waiting for me at the local Suby dealer. It was the first 08 Impreza I ever saw and I bought it ;) everybody will get used to it I guess ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts